Page 64 of 79 FirstFirst ... 506062636465666878 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. Mostly Spelunky 2 since it came out. I have a weekly (or weekly+) session online with my friend, which has been dominated by Smash since the end of 2018, but lately we've been working our way through Spelunk2 co-op, and that's been much fun. >> I also got a free Stadia controller for being a Youtube Premium subscriber and the only thing I really want to play on there is Celeste, so I've just about finished my... third, I think? playthrough of that. Could be the fourth. I'm not much for the b-sides and beyond, but I definitely haven't replayed a game that many times in only a few years. >> (Okay, Risk of Rain 2 is on there as well, but I already have that on like, every platform, and I still suck at it, although I like it a lot too.) >> I've also quietly been working my way through Ikenfell. It's a good suspend-and-play-on-the-crapper kinda game. Actually, there's a lot to like about Ikenfell. The story and characters are cute, the battle system is actually fun (if a bit longwinded), the pixel art and music are terrific. It's a very approachable and not-cruel but still challenging RPG. >> Oh wait. One more. I picked up Tsum Tsum Festival for $10 on clearance because my sister's kid is really into Tsum Tsums. I don't think he really understands that we're interacting with the TV, but he likes watching us play and I gotta admit the curling and breakout-like games in there are kinda decent ways to kill a little time with family. >> I have no idea why this isn't accepting my line breaks. WTF? I am so sorry.

2. I've been playing Fire Emblem Awakening on the 3DS. I've put in about 4 hours so far and I'm at Chapter 6. It's getting much harder to keep members of my team alive.

3. Playing the switch version of Fire Emblem 1.
    You act as though payback makes you a noble man, is that a fact?
    Well, you're a goddamn Philistine!

4. Currently playing through Resident Evil Revelations 2. Way, way better/creepier than the first game. If you could play as Jill Valentine it would be the best game ever.

5. Cyberpunk 2077. It’s fucking great.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

6. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Just started Ghost of Tsushima - loving it so far
    I just started this as well and was immediately bored. I'll keep going though as I've heard it's really good.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Cyberpunk 2077. It’s fucking great.
    Started this as well and yes it is. Ran into a few crashes and bugs but it looks crazy good on PS5 and plays super smooth, really loving it so far.

7. I'm playing Cyberpunk 2077 on PC. The game is absolutely beautiful with Ray Tracing. I'm at around 24 hours of gameplay.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    I just started this as well and was immediately bored. I'll keep going though as I've heard it's really good.
    I'm finding it's good in spurts of playing. Don't think I could do extended playing of this and I'm not really sure why. The story and combat are pretty engaging and it's awesome to look at.

9. Been around since I've come around and I actually been playing a lot more games as of late and right now I'm playing Yakuza 4 The PlayStation 4 version because I never sat down with the PlayStation 3 version that I have but it's the same game so.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

10. I've been playing too many long, modern games. I decided to take a little break and dusted off the old NES. It's probably been about a year since I've played it, so I had to clean the carts and the cartridge port to get things up and running. I need to get a new cleaning kit soon.

I started out with Life Force on the 27" Sony Wega SD television. This game is much harder then the Gradius titles. I really didn't get very far, but I really appreciate what they were able to achieve with the NES hardware.

I went ahead and moved over to the 32" Sony Hi-Scan CRT, because the scan lines weren't that visible on the SD set anyways. I played little bit on Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. on the Donkey Kong Classics. I managed to run through about 7 levels on Donkey Kong, but my timings on the elevator level could use a little bit of brushing up. Donkey Kong Jr. was a different story. I could easily get through the 1st level, but that second level with the spring board and the moving vines was kicking my ass. I finally got it figured out, but the upper level was a different story. Man I hate those birds!

Last, but not least was Tetris. This game is crack; You can't just play it once. I must have played it about a half dozen times. My dog started messing with me around the 4th game, when she wanted to play tug a rope. I had to pause the game to give her a little bit of play time.
    Attached Images Attached Images