Page 58 of 79 FirstFirst ... 445456575859606272 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. That shit was hilarious!

2. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    That shit was hilarious!

Goddamn, fall guys would be game of the generation with those guys.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

3. I loved MXC!

The new Battletoads is a strange mix, I go frome digging it to getting annoyed every 10 minutes. It's got an insane amount of story for a beat-em-up. Full on minutes long cutscenes. Sometimes a level is a cut scene. And man, did they desperatly want to make this game funny. There are a lot of gameplay changes--punch stuff, vertical shooter, mini-games, platformer. Some of it good, some of it not. If I'm beating things up, I don't want to stop to do a switch puzzle to open a door.

It does look great and animate really well. But in the fighting levels, it's way too easy lose track of where you are. Characters stack together and it's impossible to see what's going on. Instead of dodging because I know an attack is coming, I dodge every few seconds just to be safe and seperate myself from a blob of whatever the hell is around me. They tried to make an interesting combat system. 3 attack buttons, a move to lick up items, a move to pull enemies in with your tongue and a way to stun enemies by spitting bubble gum. It never feels as good as Streets of Rage 4 which is a better game in basically every way. SoR clicks when you play with a strategy and the game rewards you for it. No such thing happens with Battletoads, it's frantically mindless.

Final Fantasy XIV. Monster hunter Iceborne. Trying to finish Nier so I know what is really going on in the raid. Blasphomous.

5. Outer Worlds (PS4). 10-15 hours in and I'm not sure how I feel about or if I care if I ever play it again or don't. I realize it's the spiritual successor to New Vegas but something just feels...off. IDK.

6. It feels nothing like Fallout. I couldn’t get into it either.

7. I stopped after getting off the first planet, never looked back.

I am replaying Trails of Cold Steel. I played it on Vita 3 years ago and got to near the end I think, but never finished it. I am replaying the whole game on PS4 on hard difficulty, it is much more fun that way. This JRPG is exactly what you would expect with JRPG, but the charming characters make the journey worthwhile. The dungeon design is probably the worst part of the game (along with the primitive graphics).

8. I've been playing Flight Simulator 2020 on PC. I just added an additional 16GB of system RAM, so everything would run smoothly.

Here's my plane, after landing at the Missoula Montana airport.

Attached Images Attached Images

9. Been playing ghost of tsushima for a couple days. This game has the best looking... well, lots of things. It's also responsible for making me no longer care about getting an assassin's creed game set in the samurai era.
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

10. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I stopped after getting off the first planet, never looked back.
    Yeah, I'm a little further than that but, fuck, I just don't look forward to playing it. I guess that's a signal to move on. It's not like I've got endless hours to play games.

I'll probably start Death Stranding pretty soon and just bail on this turd.