Page 50 of 79 FirstFirst ... 364648495051525464 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. Started up Mafia 3 yesterday after a 3.5 hour install. I really enjoyed 2 so I was excited for this third game but knew it would be a sale purchase. Free on PS+ was even better! Played for about an hour, early impressions are that it looks GREAT, feels better than the last game control-wise, and I'm digging the more colorful world. Some cutscenes seem really oddly placed though. There were at least two instances where I was in control of my character and about to do something cool but the game just rips control away and now you're in a cutscene with someone talking about what you would have just done. Odd choice. Still, certainly seems like a good game worth trying.

2. I’ve had Mafia 3 on PC for quite some time. It gets boring really fast. The missions all feel very similar.

3. Every Mafia game has flaws. 3 just had different flaws from 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    been doing Mario 3 on the famicom lately. First time all the way through.

I'm on world 7

Can this game save or do I have to keep leaving the system on and pray for the power to stay on?
    Middle of world 8 now.

I mentioned it in chat but this is the jp release which is harder than the US release. Any hit takes away your suit and size. So you get one less hit when facing bosses. And it makes some of the later areas harder.

It's a pretty awesome game though. Levels are remarkably open ended with all kinds of secrets. It's fun when you're stuck on some hard ass shit and you start fucking around and find some weird way to bipass half the level.

Got Ape Escape 2 and 3. Revived my old Ape Escape 2 save at 97% and did the last 5 time trials to get it to 100%. Love these games. Never played 3 before so I'm looking forward to it.

6. Been playing RE7. Very late to it, but I beat it, and now I'm playing on Madhouse. I enjoyed the game. The last section before the last "boss fight" was my favorite section in the game.

Btw, has anyone here played Caladrius Blaze? How is it?

7. Just got Dead Cells (on Switch), and it is addictive. It is yet another Indie Metroidvania (IM) with randomized dungeon, HOWEVER, the game is really good. It looks great, controls is smooth, lots of cool weapons and aux. powers to play with as you gain new abilities with each new respawn. I recommend it if you aren't burnt out from IMs.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Headphone Actor View Post
    Been playing RE7. Very late to it, but I beat it, and now I'm playing on Madhouse. I enjoyed the game. The last section before the last "boss fight" was my favorite section in the game.

Btw, has anyone here played Caladrius Blaze? How is it?
    I picked up the PS4 version of Caladrius Blaze, but I haven't had a chance to put any real time into it. The youtube channel that just does shmup reviews I believe gave it a pretty good review.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Just got Dead Cells (on Switch), and it is addictive. It is yet another Indie Metroidvania (IM) with randomized dungeon, HOWEVER, the game is really good. It looks great, controls is smooth, lots of cool weapons and aux. powers to play with as you gain new abilities with each new respawn. I recommend it if you aren't burnt out from IMs.
    I've been wanting to try this, but the randomized dungeon thing is kind of a big turn off to me. I like when a lot of thought and design work goes into a dungeon or layout. I have a hard time imagining that a randomized one could ever be as good.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I've been wanting to try this, but the randomized dungeon thing is kind of a big turn off to me. I like when a lot of thought and design work goes into a dungeon or layout. I have a hard time imagining that a randomized one could ever be as good.
    You are right, but in this instance, it doesn't hurt the game too much. The focus is more on character progression and combat.

10. I'll see if I can pick up Caladrius on sale.

I saw that Ikaruga is $10 on ps4. I'm gonna nab Ikaruga for sure, have wanted it on gamecube for several years