Page 20 of 79 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. Advance Wars is a descendant of Famicom Wars which predates Nectaris you noob.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 24 Mar 2018 at 11:39 AM.

Fire Emblem was also a Famicom game.

3. Never tried the Nectaris series; I'll have to get on that.

I'm still playing a whole bunch of Shining Force 2 because the sound effects are cool and it looks wonderful. I don't even mind the inability to turn off battle animations, which is an immediate deal-breaker in newer SRPGs. This was the game that started a twenty year love affair with SRPGs, so I'll forever have a soft spot for it.

Still, I'd be playing XCOM:EW on my phone instead if it didn't shred battery.

WTF IS FAMICOM WARS

I’ll have to try warsong too but these games got too long. I haven’t even tried to play the disgaea series.

5. Going back through Ratchet and Clank with the Omega weapons. It’s a delightful little game.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. They all really are delightful.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Playing Demon Gaze (Vita) and Dead Space 1/3 (PS3). Almost done with Zero Gunner (Switch) as well.

8. I finally tried Alien Isolation last night. I thought I'd like it because I like both of those things. Instead, it was one of those "these new games are not for me" moments. Why do I have three different crafting/upgrade materials at least an hour before I have anything to craft or upgrade?

Getting the hookshot--or any item in any Zelda--feels good because you think, "Oh yeah, I remember a bunch of places where I can go use this." Zelda doesn't separate giving you the hookshot from letting you use it by an hour/hours because that's horrible design. Crafting in general just sucks; games are full of so much junk These Days.

So I started a new Bloodborne character and played that until 3AM instead.

9. Playing Monster Hunter World. Love the environments and creatures. Camera is still complete fucking garbage.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Ps If you like tactics games and missed out on military madness please track it down and play it. It was a tg-16 release so it seems like a lot of people missed it but it was re released both as a ps2 remake and on wii virtual console and I’m sure you can find an emu.
    There's a ton of mobile ports out there, too. I used to have it on my Blackberry in the pre-iOS days.

I'm still playing Monster Hunter: World and also MH4U. Finally broke into G-rank on the latter. I just love this game the more I play it. I've started using the insect glaive after watching a few videos explaining how the crazy bugs work and it's like a totally different game. Feels like Bayonetta almost (which I still need to finish, dammit).

Also playing Bloodborne. My bloodtinge/skill character is currently stuck at Logarius. So close to that goddamn Chikage yet so far.
    Last edited by sleeve; 26 Mar 2018 at 01:26 PM.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood