Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

I think the steam and psp versions are pretty much the same other than resolution.

2. What was wrong with VI?
    You act as though payback makes you a noble man, is that a fact?
    Well, you're a goddamn Philistine!

3. Playing Into The Breach and loving it. Had a two island victory but I won't consider it "completed" until I've done at least one run with each of the different loadouts. This game is fantastic. The different classes play distinctly and are fun for different reasons. Managing power vs damage vs objectives is stressful and invigorating. I'm really enjoying this even when a fully stocked final battle goes to shit because of randomness. They put a lot of thought and effort into this game and it shows, it's definitely worth the $15.

Also picked up The Behemoth's new game Pit People. I'm only an hour in but I'm loving the story dialogue and the art is typical Behemoth awesome. Pretty sure you can play as the Castle Crasher dudes at some point through costume unlocks. The strategy feels good and while I haven't really come close to dying yet I know that will change as I'm still very early into it. Another $15 game I'm more than happy to support.

Played some more SFV today and recently, the way this game handles lag is fucking atrocious. At least USF4 just slows shit down a little, this game decides you don't need to see what happens for a couple frames so people just warp all over the place, making anything but a 5 bar connection basically unplayable. Fuck this game. And thanks to buying most of the stages several months ago I'm 20k fight monies short on buying Blanka, the only reason I really want to keep trying this game. I seriously don't have the patience to wade through the garbage online to collect the remaining amount.

Been playing Dr. Mario on the 3DS and it's pretty great, it feels just like it did 20 years ago and the missions are fun and challenging as they go.

4. I got to play Blanka a bit last week at a friend's house. He's fun, but he lost the crazy play-style he has in ST and SFIV. The hop is much too slow for shenanigans, and his ball seems to hit really high, which causes some weird interactions with crouching opponents.

5. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I got to play Blanka a bit last week at a friend's house. He's fun, but he lost the crazy play-style he has in ST and SFIV. The hop is much too slow for shenanigans, and his ball seems to hit really high, which causes some weird interactions with crouching opponents.
    Agreed. His crouching HP is too slow too. I think they want to start out slow with him and patch him up. The community seems to be positive about him though but he's recognized as lower tier. I like him a lot myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    98% sure PSP did too.
    yeah, but fuck your handhelds.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Headphone Actor View Post
    What was wrong with VI?
    I just found it to be a chore. You basically cover the same area over and over again, the platforming is some of the worst in the series, and it just wasn't a good game. Least for me, I found a lot of things wrong with the PS2 version, and basically its the only Ys game I will never go back to and play again.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. NBA Jam TE (arcade) - 76ers vs LA Lakers this time. Had an exactly 3 point lead at the end of the 4th quarter. At the buzzer, Peeler sent a shot across the entire court that actually was good. Got some OT. Behind by a point in the last few seconds, then took the lead with a 3-point shot. 68-66. Lovin' this game.

Sly Spy (arcade) - Looks like Data East's answer to Rolling Thunder, but somewhat faster paced. There's a motorcycle stage, which may have inspired the one in RT3. One boss can even kick your gun away, leaving you with only H2H combat to finish him off. Your kick does decent damage. In someone's speedrun on Youtube, they fire wastefully in the Georgetown Warehouse stage & refuse to pick up the extra bullets. The stage boss is a pack of tigers, which get one-shotted with jump kicks.

Trails of Cold Steel II (PC)
    Rez Infinite (PS4)

Oh my!

GAMEOVERDUDE'S ON FIRE!!!

10. I played College Slam on the Saturn a couple of days ago. It's kind of bland without a constant stream of music. You'd hear the occasional music from the college teams on the court when they were scoring, but it was few and far between.