Page 33 of 79 FirstFirst ... 192931323334353747 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    That last stage is tough. The last few times I played through the game I died there.
    It surely is. Not just the enemies, but especially the platforming. Just now I had 10 lives & that damn stage took them all. Sadly the Genesis Terminator 2 action game is nowhere near this good. Too bad Virgin didn't get the license to give Terminator CD its own sequel.
    Another good one is the T2 arcade port for Genesis. Thankfully it's easier than the arcade version, except for the damn red truck level which ate up all 5 of my credits.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle
    I don’t think the game knows, it’s all over the place. Hack n Slash, shooter, RPG, who the hell knows. It all works out somehow. Stick with it, the game is really cool.
    Nier: Automata really did a good job with the genre mixing. Getting killed in the prologue is a real bastard, especially if you try Very Hard & go down in 1 hit (well, they warn you about it). Next time I play it, I may use Normal for that part then crank it up to VH after the first save.

If you haven't played it try out Robocop vs Terminator. It's more or less a sequel to the game, although it's not quite as good. Still fun though.

I spent a lot of quality time with my Genesis the past few days. Played completely through Sonic 2 with all emeralds, 1 cc'ed Streets of Rage with plenty of lives left over, played through Final Fight CD twice while dying at the end, got to chapter 3 on Shining Force and beat Shadow Dancer for the first time since high school (Fuck. That. Boss.) God damn this system is awesome, I should play it more outside of the odd Sonic and Shinobi game.

3. I got Monster League Football recently and it is really tough. I can't get the hang of throwing the ball but this game is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    If you haven't played it try out Robocop vs Terminator. It's more or less a sequel to the game, although it's not quite as good. Still fun though.
    Yeah, it's worth checking out. I was surprised I ended up liking the SMS/GG version a bit more than the Genesis one. It's graphically downgraded and has way more slowdown but the weapon feel of enemies splatting makes it more fun.

I've never played the SMS one, only the Genesis. I'll have to check it out.

6. I started Persona 5.
    Why is the dialog audio quality compressed to the level of Sega CD standards? It’s very jarring.

7. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post

I spent a lot of quality time with my Genesis the past few days. Played completely through Sonic 2 with all emeralds, 1 cc'ed Streets of Rage with plenty of lives left over, played through Final Fight CD twice while dying at the end, got to chapter 3 on Shining Force and beat Shadow Dancer for the first time since high school (Fuck. That. Boss.) God damn this system is awesome, I should play it more outside of the odd Sonic and Shinobi game.
    Nice!

I got Legend of the Magical Warrior this week. It's a Breath of Fire-style RPG for the Genesis that only came out in Taiwan. Piko Interactive got the rights, cleaned up the game and gave it a proper release, complete with fold out map and a pog! The game is pretty cool, giving the Genesis a different style of RPG than you usually see. There's grinding, but it's not as tedious as in most RPGs of the era.

Cool, you got an early copy (unlike Pier Solar, if I'm remembering right). It looks good. I only played the translated rom briefly.

I'm playing SMT: Strange Journey Redux on 3DS. It's pretty addictive filling in and exploring the maps. I wish they added a 3d effect to it like Soul Hackers, though.

And speaking of Shin Megami Tensei, why hasn't the Mega CD version been translated yet?

Did they use the tranlated rom that's been floating around or did they redo it themselves? That looks cool. I don't really want to buy any Genesis carts that aren't Streets of Rage 2 anymore, but I'm also not going to pirate the game if they did real work to it as opposed to just making a print of the fan translation that's been around for a while.

I just checked out the thread on Sega-16. LOL at the fact that most of the people are more concerned with the quality of the materials and almost nobody has mentioned how the game actually plays.