Page 14 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. Went back to Sonic Mania and cleared out the Super Sonic ending. The bonus stages aren't really fun, they're kind of tedious and the controls are way too loose. You can game the engine by jumping to one side and pulling hard in the opposite direction, kind of the same mindset as Mario Kart sparks. The game doesn't know what to do with the momentum and you can snag the gem almost immediately.

Still a good game overall, weak in the exact same ways all Genesis Sonic games are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Fired up Under Defeat because I got tired of looking at Sonic Wings and Raiden III. Went into the options to change the screen orientation again and saw the dual stick option. Oh my goodness, turning that option on made the game so much more fun to play.

I started playing Etrian V last week. I like it, but I feel that Persona Q kind of spoiled me a bit on the formula. I'm running a Fencer, Dragoon, Masurao, Shaman, and Botanist. I originally had a Warlock in the Botanist's spot but the lack of dedicated healer made the game impossible. I hit lvl 18 and wasn't happy with how I spec'd everyone out, so I rested them all (take a two lvl drop but get your skill points back to redistribute), looked online for better build paths, and I'm doing worse than I was before. Aside from my Masurao, I have no AoE damage skills. Well, the Botanist has poison and blind, but they rarely stick and it takes so long for my Dragoon to get her bunkers in place, the Botanist usually has to use her turn to heal. Every encounter takes like 6-7 turns to wipe out common stuff. It's very tedious.I miss my link gods from Persona!

I'd like to swap my Masurao for a Pugilist. I feel like I'm leaving myself to open to attack having no one that can bind. But I don't want to spend the time getting one lvl'ed up.

3. hehehehe Etrian Odyssey, you deserve it

4. It's a lot more fun than Star Fox Adventures and Fractured Butt Whole!

5. No clue why but I’ve been obsessed with old B&W Gameboy action puzzlers lately. I play Snoopy every few years but have also been playing SNKs Dexterity and Asmiks Boomer. GB Godzilla is seriously as far removed from source material as possible but more enjoyable than nearly anything that mimics the rubber suit goon. This led to whipping out the Turbo to play some Circus Lido. While no means a classic, using a chameleon tongue and tail for puzzle solving is still novel.

6. I really want to play that Godzilla game, I always liked the SD Godzilla stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. The Ratchet and Clank remake is free on PSN this month and I'd been meaning to grab it.

I don't have a ton of experience with this series. They flooded the market far past my interest, so the prospect of a reboot is appealing to me. The game is amazing to look at both in terms of tech and design, and they've built a great world and characters. Unfortunately the writing is pretty bad, which isn't a big deal for the game, but I can see why it made for a bad movie. I also feel like they're targeting this more at kids, which isn't necessarily a negative, but the humor doesn't cross over well. Still, I'm having a lot of fun with this one. I'm glad Insomniac has done more to branch out from this series, but it's good they haven't abandoned it either.

8. Same. It’s a nice little game.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. I really enjoyed all the Ratchet & Clank games.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Unskippable cutscenes tho...