Page 43 of 79 FirstFirst ... 293941424344454757 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. Nightmare is the way to play. 2016 version, that is--it sucks in 1993

2. Can someone explain The Binding of Isaac to me? Why is this game so loved? I played it for a bit and tried hard to like it, but it didn't click with me. Seems rather boring for the most part.

Also, the dev's new kickstarter for Isaac card game is at $2.5 million, wtf.

3. nope

ain't that good

4. I didn't like the original release where you couldn't use a controller properly, never revisited it. Random Zelda 1 plus Gross.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. The randomness keeps the interactions fresh and there are a ton of power ups. You get power ups constantly so you keep getting that dopamine trickle of constantly leveling up, and you get to see all the different powers and interactions between them.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    The randomness keeps the interactions fresh and there are a ton of power ups. You get power ups constantly so you keep getting that dopamine trickle of constantly leveling up, and you get to see all the different powers and interactions between them.
    This. And after all the community updates and support the amount of items in the game is astounding. Billions of item combinations that work in different cool ways together. I don't regret any of the 500 or so hours I've got on the various versions.

Went through the DLC areas this morning in Dark Souls and was able to solo Kalameet for the first time, second try but I got one-shotted early on the first time. Grabbed all the spells in case they're required for the achievements (not sure since they seem the same based off the original game). Hopefully don't need all the various weapons for the Knights Honor achievement that are found in the whole area, haven't checked to see if they are yet. After that I went hunting for a few drops I hadn't procured yet and ascended a bunch of base weapons to where they need to be for boss ascension. Took down Gwyn (I still can't parry his attacks) and Linked the Fire. Restarted right away and just got through with the 4 Kings (done solo so it became the 5 Kings) before speaking to Frampt so as to become a Dark Wraith. I forgot how in depth some of these side quests really are*. A couple weapons to max, a few spells and miracles to track down and the Dark Lord ending are all thats left. The only noticeable change I've seen in the whole game (besides better framerates in Btown) is the addition of a warp-able bonfire next to Vamos, which is awesome but also the only warp-able bonfire in the Catacombs, so not as awesome as possible. If there was another change like that I didn't notice, everything was where I remembered.

*On that note I had done all of Siegmeyer's quest up and through Lost Izalith, where I jumped in and saved him from the Chaos Eaters but then he thanked me and died anyways. Thats because I forgot about his daughter completely! But I went back to Dukes and was able to find her right where she was the whole time, so I'm assuming I could have completed that questline for the Slab. Assuming, because I forgot to kill ALL the blue crystal dudes before I left the area, so she never made it out. So at least some things you can miss a little then come back for.

7. The randomness is cool but didn't strike me as anything too different, many of them useless for the situations. I also find the character a tad too big. I am willing to give it another shot though.

Playing Wuppo now and it is a lot of fun.

8. Majora's Mask.

got into Ikana early to get the gibdo mask.

did some hook shot trickery cuz I didn't have the ice arrows yet
    Last edited by Headphone Actor; 28 Jul 2018 at 11:17 AM. Reason: I can't spell put somethin like areows instead of arrows lol
    You act as though payback makes you a noble man, is that a fact?
    Well, you're a goddamn Philistine!

9. For some reason I've felt the urge to revisit Fable II for quite some time. So I installed it last night and played maybe a half hour before falling asleep.
    Why are RPG intros so tedious? The entire time I was playing all I could do is think of all the fun I'll be having when the game finishes its dumb setup and lets me play.

Went through the same thing with Kotor. Each time I replay it, it becomes harder and harder to stick with it initially because Taris is so goddamn boring. As soon as I can leave there though, I'm having fun.

Since the first few hours are usually story setup and tutorial, every game should give you the option of skipping that crap.

10. I remember finishing Fable 2 the very first time I played it, took something like 2-3 hours. That game can be real short if you ignore everything.