Page 25 of 79 FirstFirst ... 112123242526272939 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. I loved Contra DS, you're still wrong.

Still hate the arcade game, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Contra DS is a fantastic game I wish were on a different system.

3. I never really found myself getting caught out by the dead space bad enough to worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I just don't like playing hectic games like that with portable controls. I need a full size dpad and buttons.

5. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Contra DS is a fantastic game I wish were on a different system.
    I'll buy it again if it's PS4/XB1. It's too good to just be on a portable.

6. I'd buy a Switch for a barless tate Contra 4 remake.

Now that I'm done with the Shadow of the Colossus remake (it was awesome), I have started Nioh. I always lost interest in Souls/Bloodborne games (I think it's the pacing) but I think the faster nature of Nioh will go over better for me.

8. I am almost done with Heretic (on E5M3, so 6 or 7 levels left to go out of 40-45 total). I never finished the add-on episodes (4 and 5) and they start balls-hard on UV difficulty. I probably would have played Nightmare had I known that the monsters don't respawn, unlike they do in Doom, but now that I got to the end here, I don't think I could have handled it. I also tried Brutal Heretic RPG, which adds a bit of flair to the presentation and adds a leveling system that affects the health and armor and adds a secondary fire method of all your weapons. I did start that on Nightmare, and the faster pace of the weapons matches well with the faster enemies of the hardest difficulty.

I think when I beat this, I might move to Heretic II, which I have beaten but not in the last decade.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 11 Apr 2018 at 07:37 PM.

9. Phantasy Star Generation

I bought this Japan only remake when it was launched because I love Phantasy Star. Of course, I never did much with it because I can't read japanese! I thought the little binder that came with it for the index cards for all the other Sega Ages stuff was neat though! Too bad all the games were crap. I'm playing a translated version, and at first I thought I messed up. The file was only like 60 megs. No way could this be so frickin' small right? It sure can! This is a bare bones frickin production. Being only 2500 yen brand new, I wouldn't expect something along the lines of the Lunar PS1 remakes or anything, but god damn. No orchestral music? Not one cut scene? Nope and nope. The graphics are meh. Browser based flash comes to mind. And I chose the wrong translation I guess. I want my Alis and Odin and Noah. Alright, Alisa and Lutz are fine I guess. But TYRONE? How do you go from Odin to TYRONE?

I just got the claw and now I'm headed for the mirror shield. I'll stick with it and finish it, but I would have been better served sticking to imagining how it turned out than ruining it by finding out.

10. I mean budget title. Same with those PS2 Ys remakes you want to imagine a mix of love, craftsmanship, and added horsepower could amount to something but a couple yen off the top kills it. Still hope to beat PS2 PS2 someday.