Page 40 of 79 FirstFirst ... 263638394041424454 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

Sweet! I really enjoyed Love (I think I beat it), so I'll definitely check this out.

That looks rad.

I popped in Mario's Super Picross and realized I was nowhere near done. Been in that Picross daze since then.

Game is too big.

4. NBA Jam TE (arcade): Kind of unfair sometimes when you've got only a few teams to go (20 down, just 7 more to beat it). Sometimes a shot that looks perfect won't be good, even if you're clear. You just got rejected by the RNGhost! CPU Assistance being off doesn't seem to matter. The random hit/miss is fine for a turn based RPG, but not for a basketball game when you have a clear shot.

Here's someone else's video demonstrating some of the AI bullshit. This is JAM TE 1.0. (I'm playing on 4.0)

5. I'm playing through Apotheon for the second time. This game is so good!

6. Mario Odyssey is excellent. Just finished up the Lakeside place and onto a desert next if I recall, having fun finding moons and realizing my hours of exploring didnt even find half in an area. Digging the costume changes, wish they had special functions though. Platforming feels tight and good, game looks great, and I can see I'll be needing to go back for a lot of things. Definitely happy with this one.

Nioh is pretty interesting so far. Finally grabbed it on sale and got through the first jail section, now it wants me to do a tutorial level? I thought that's what that was... Anyways it looks real good and moves pretty smooth, went into it straight from Dark Souls so the buttons got me mixed up several times and I'm sure they still will. Definitely excited to see where this game goes, I chose the big sword (Odachi?) as my main and regular Katana as my secondary, but I enjoyed the big axe during the jailbreak.

Mariokart 8 is pretty great, going through the 100cc races now. Star Cup always messes me up on it's version of Rainbow Road, even in 50cc it was the ONLY race I didn't get first on the first attempt, and it happened again in 100. Loving everything about the game, though. Haven't tried online but I probably should before it costs money.

Going through Dukes right now in DSRemastered, still loving it. Although not excited to try for Avelyn again, I remember it took a bunch of tries last time. Got my painted guardian sword up to +15 and cruising through happily.

Started a new character on Ark since my buddies switched servers, got up to 35 last night and building a new base atop a huge mountain cliffside. I fall out with this game fairly quickly but every time I load into it I'm really impressed again with the scope of what they've done.

7. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    I'm playing through Apotheon for the second time. This game is so good!
    Is it? I bounced off it super early. How long is a play through?

8. You could probably bash through it in 8 hours or so, but there is a lot of side content too. I've encountered a bug that won't let me finish it though. It's currently on sale for 75% off on steam which is totally worth it even with this bug.

9. Playing though Valkyrie Profile for the first time in a long time thanks to the new mobile port. It's a solid version and the touch controls work well, but I sure would have appreciated a new quicksave function to make it friendlier to pick up and play.

EDIT: I guess they did add save anywhere but you gotta slog through the whole hour+ intro before you're allowed.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 26 Jun 2018 at 10:29 AM.

10. I played an hour of the Octopath demo yesterday. I’m realllyy looking forward to that game. I’m a bit bummed about how far out the camera is zoomed though. I’d prefer to play it in handheld mode but it’s clearly intended to be played on a big screen. Whatevs! I love the look of it.

Chipped away at Persona 5 today. I try my damnedest to complete as much of a palace in a single day (game time) as the game will allow. I did the pyramid and it would have been impossible to do it in one day if I didnt have a couple chewing souls to replenish my main’s sp pool. It’s annoying how few enemies have weaknesses that your teammates can exploit, so it’s always up to you to deal with and the game is very miserly when it comes to sp refilling items.