Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. What are you playing 2018? (long overdue)

I have schizophrenia. We can talk about how shitty life is.

This is my first real dive into a monster hunter game. I hated hated hated the controls in 4 on the 3ds.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. Okay.

I imagine they were pretty bad. I tried both Tri's original demo and 3 Ultimate's 3ds demo. I hated 3 Ultimate's controls, I couldn't figure anything out.

3. Talking how shitty everything is with Icarus is good times.

Part of me kind of wants to get Monhun but another part of me remembers how many different versions of the game I've bought without ever really getting into it.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. I’ve been trying to get into Monster Hunter also and I just keep thinking I’d rather play Dark Souls.

5. Are the cats as big a part of monster hunter as twitter wants it to be? I want to play it for the cats.
    Otherwise I’m happy playing Etrian V and Chrono Trigger DS and Xenoblade 2 right now

6. Tried getting in to Deus Ex Mankind Divided, I do not care for these games. You get forty ways to do anything and not one of them is particularly fun, the protagonist is a dorky guy with a CD turntable's idea of cool.

Playing King of Fighters '97 instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Are the cats as big a part of monster hunter as twitter wants it to be? I want to play it for the cats.
    Otherwise I’m happy playing Etrian V and Chrono Trigger DS and Xenoblade 2 right now
    The cats are all over, but there's still 95% of the game that is not cat.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Phantasy Star Online I & II for Gamecube.
    I don't know why grinding through the same levels over and over again never gets old for me, but it sure doesn't.

So glad Sega shit all over us and never officially released PSO2 over here.
    still bummed i can't get at my dual-wielding hunter with the opa-opa mag anymore, ive wanted to start over solo (or see if anyone's got it online through the raspberry pi thing)

and yeah, thanks for leaving all that $ on the table, sega
    http://backloggery.com/irishninja/sig.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    I still haven't played IV (or really much of III). How is V?

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Tried getting in to Deus Ex Mankind Divided, I do not care for these games. You get forty ways to do anything and not one of them is particularly fun, the protagonist is a dorky guy with a CD turntable's idea of cool.

Playing King of Fighters '97 instead!
    This is exactly how I've felt about every Deus Ex game I've ever played.

KoF '97 has always been my favorite! Something about it I always liked more than 98.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post
    The cats are all over, but there's still 95% of the game that is not cat.
    I want it to be at least 95% cat

Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    I still haven't played IV (or really much of III). How is V?
    Unless something changes dramatically after the 5th floor of the 5th stratum, it’s more like I and II than III or IV. There’s some good dungeoning but no unexpected classes like princess (the necromancer and animal-caller-person are really cool though) and no overworld like EOIV or giant side-game like in EOIII, no big side dungeon like EOUntold 2 and the cooking isn’t as in-depth, and i’m missing the crazy dungeon themes from Persona Q. It’s very good but a little disappointing to see it scaled back. I would like to see development notes, like I wonder if it was the budget after a thousand mostly-unsuccessful Etrian spinoffs, if it’s meant to be an actual throw-back to the early games, or they were just done trying to improve it for a new audience and were focusing on the dungeon-mapping that attracted everyone who played it in the first place.