Page 8 of 79 FirstFirst ... 46789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

After Elex, I wanted to play another Piranha Bytes game so I have delved pretty far into Risen 3. It's not as hardcore as Elex despite having more enemy encounters but it's still addictive, and has a world that's makes you want to explore.

2. Celeste is super cool so far. I don't like it quite as much as Super Meat Boy yet, but it's a contender. The feeling of epiphany when you crack a particularly tough screen is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post

I have Radiant Silvergun on my other 360. Galaga Legions would be cool.
    I wasn't sure about it, until I went through my 360 Library. I also have Raiden Fighters Aces that I got in 2012.

Attached Images Attached Images

Dragon Quest VII (3DS): The PS version was the game that made me love DQ and my favorite in this series for a long time (though now I'd say 3, and I haven't played 8 or much of 6) This version seems objectively better but I'm not enjoying it as much, and I'm not sure why.

At first I thought it was the shift to 3d when I loved the 2d designs and animation but a quick look at YouTube shows that ain't the case. The view on the 3DS should focus on the monsters, though, they are the best part of these and the (nonemotive) characters shouldn't be half the focus. I'd prefer random battles for this entry as well.

The original translation was way better and funnier. Deathpal<Hackrobat. I could be wrong, but I remember the PS intro being longer, and in the 3DS's favor, way more of a fetchquesty slog, and I seem to remember the sleazy uncle being more central to the plot. The first battle felt like it came way sooner but also felt more anticlimactic.

I also remember the PS game being way harder, but again, going off memory and could be wrong. So far I think I've had one party member killed and I haven't used the seeds.

I think what it comes down to for me is that the PS game 18 years ago had a feeling like being the greatest SNES rpg. The game felt huge and epic in scope (yr mom, etc.). The better graphics diminish the abstract sense of scale, as the non-sd models of the 3ds are taller than the walls of the maps in the ruins for example, the simple maps feel smaller. I would have preferred this one be done in the style of ds 4,5,6, but I know I may be alone in that. They did improve the pace and graphics which the game was heavily maligned for in 2001

Or maybe it's just that I have unrealistic expectations of it clicking with me like it once did twice. It's still one of my favorite games and a lot of fun.

5. Still playing angry birds on my Note 5.. really cool game. and cube runner but can't find it anywhere on Google Play..

6. Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
    You act as though payback makes you a noble man, is that a fact?
    Well, you're a goddamn Philistine!

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I wasn't sure about it, until I went through my 360 Library. I also have Raiden Fighters Aces that I got in 2012.

This might be the best retro collection port ever. The graphic options are insane. Everyone should have this.

8. For some reason, I'm playing Conan for the Xbox 360 right now. It's the gaming equivalent of a B-movie God of War knockoff, and I find myself enjoying it more than I probably should.

9. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    This might be the best retro collection port ever. The graphic options are insane. Everyone should have this.
    It is ridiculously awesome.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    For some reason, I'm playing Conan for the Xbox 360 right now. It's the gaming equivalent of a B-movie God of War knockoff, and I find myself enjoying it more than I probably should.
    I played (and beat!) the hell out of Conan. It really is a C grade game, but the many parries/death finishers were a blast to pull off.