Page 39 of 79 FirstFirst ... 253537383940414353 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. Don't forget to post in the Let's Cooking TNL thread! Let us know how you season up those entrails and how you cook them.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. Quote Originally Posted by mikejassss View Post
    Im doing on google seo this my website yandw.shop if you want some clothing please contact me
    I want some clothing.

3. Still playing Bloodborne DLC. This is my new favorite Soulsborne game. Man, the DLC boss fights are so much fucking fun. Except for the Living Failures which were sort of stupid. Lady Maria more than made up for them, though.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. I finally finished Yakuza 5! Got it free on PS+ way back when and I've spent the last 3 months chipping away at this long ass game. Was hoping to finish it before Yakuza 6 launched (which I preordered) but now that I've finally finished, I need to take another break from Yakuza. I only played Yakuza 4 previously, which I think I finished last year.

I thought Yakuza 5 dragged on and was dry in parts, but overall I got hooked into the story. As ridiculous as it is, at times. The whole section of the game where you're hunting a giant bear in the snow ended up being a surprisingly addicting kind of hunting mini-game. Took me about 40 hours total, rushing through most of the game after the 2nd chapter.

I got Kingdom Hearts 1+2 on sale a few weeks ago. Good lord, it's confusing which version to buy! I hated on the original Kingdom Hearts back in the day for looking like it played like a janky mess, but I wanted to give it a first hand shot. It's definitely a janky mess with questionable level design but I think it's interesting to see how it kind of bridges a gap between FF10 and FF12 in some ways (realtime action with AI companions). I still can't wrap my mind around why the Gummiship stuff is so terrible, especially coming from the company that made Einhander. I haven't looked into it, but it feels like so much of the game was rushed in spite of its amazing visual presentation.

5. Played the extra dungeon in Ys VIII (Former Sanctuary Crypt) & took down Melaiduma. This level 99 boss is no joke. One of his moves causes any party members it hits to get Vanished similar to Trails in the Sky SC/Cold Steel. When they come back, they'll take severe damage- maybe even coming back with only 1 HP, while afflicted with several bad statuses. If it hits everyone, look out- this could kill the whole party.
    Through all 5 floors of this dungeon there are NO checkpoints until just before the boss' room. Monsters are leveled in the 80s or higher. Some of the bosses you have beaten will be leveled up & back for revenge.

Just use the saved clear data, then start from chapter 6 to unlock it.

6. Put in about 50 hours into EDF 4.1 (PC), about half that time with DNG and Joust. This game gets ridiculously difficult not even halfway through on Hardest, so Inferno will be near impossible until we can unlock some better guns.

7. Gekido: Kintaro's Revenge (PS4) - Quite disappointed. The graphics suck, being a port from GBA with no apparent enhancements. Where it falls down is trying to be an adventure game & a beat-em-up at the same time. Talking to characters RPG-style, non-linear levels which make you find keys or switches, & the resultant backtracking are mechanics I don't care for in this genre. Let's get on with the ass-kicking! I'd rather play a SoR game.

8. If it's like the GBA game, then even the fighting part sucks.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    If it's like the GBA game, then even the fighting part sucks.
    True. You don't have a whole lot of moves in this one.
    It may be on sale now (reg $14.99, now $11.99) but don't be tempted. You bet that $12 on this one, you lose.
    The PS1 Gekido is actually OK. Sure, it's got the typical PS1 chunky polygons. Still it's better looking than this & you don't have to find those damned keys/switches. It's all fighting.

10. If you like pure platforming, I highly recommend Kuso, the sequel to a fantastic little game called Love. They're both short but cheap and definitely worth the few bucks.