Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. (there are no servers)

well, that's not entirely true. Even though Sega's servers are long gone there are fan servers. People still play.
    I'm playing offline though.

2. Yeah I'd heard about the fan servers, I wasn't sure if those were still being supported.

I remember progress being reallll slow single player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. The end game grind would be horrible to do in single player but I think the main game isn't too bad.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Are there still people on the servers?
    More people than the Marvel servers.

5. o shittttt
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Bit the bullet and am working on Devil May Cry's hard mode. Almost killed the two Shadows. Tried Air Raid spam to make them vulnerable.

Maybe I should buy a Vital Star. I haven't bought one since I used one against Phantom. I didn't need one for Nelo Angelo.

7. Looking over the list of 480p widescreen gamecube games, I saw that Star Fox Adventures was on it. I played a bit of it way back when, but got stuck or something and never went back. So I wanted to play it. But my copy is buried and I sure as heck wasn't going to buy another one.
    Lo and Behold, a copy was traded in yesterday. So Phantasy Star has been put on pause and now I'm playing SFA.

Every time I play Gamecube games I'm amazed at how nice most of them look and how shitty most Wii games look. Star Fox is no different. I remember being awed at the fur in the game.
    It being a Rare title, there's way too much thing a mah jig collecting and back tracking, but I'm having fun for the most part. I'd forgotten how creepy Fox looks in his canned you-found-something-new animation. I'd also forgotten how crappy the voice work is. Especially obnoxious is the not real language interspersed with real language. tiki taki bobi DINOSAUR PLANET dough dough tak plas. So stupid.

8. Who the hell thought platforming with no jump button was a good idea?!
    This game is harder than it needs to be, all because of lame ass control and cheap hitting enemies that constantly respawn.

9. Beat that mission. Now I'm on mission 6. Gotta beat the midboss.
    You act as though payback makes you a noble man, is that a fact?
    Well, you're a goddamn Philistine!

10. I've been sort of trying to do arcade TATE with my monitor I got around October. I got it working with Donkey Kong, but was wanting to tweak the controls. Windows 10 wanted nothing to do with that and I closed up MAME in frustration. So, last week I thought I'd check to see if Raiden IV (Xbox 360) supported TATEs. I go to fire up the game and I'm getting constant read disc errors, and this 360 has never given me any disc drive errors before. I cracked it open over a week ago, cleaned the lens put it all back together, and the same BS. I watch a few videos on the problem, with the whole turn up the power with the pots to the diode and some kid realigning the floating head with a piece of paper. I opened up the 360 again, cleaned the lens with Windex (used alcohol last time) and turned up the pots a little. I tried booting up the disc with the console cracked open, and it still wouldn't read the disc. I applied a little pressure on the outside of the DVD drive case and the game booted up. I then assembled everything and booted the console back up. It showed that the disc was Raiden IV, so I turned off the console, plugged in my arcade stick and booted the console back up. I got the disc read error again, so I turned the console on its side, opened up the disc tray and slid a business card under the upper DVD drive alignment cup. It booted right up after that.

Man, this game kicked my ass, but I'm going to blame me being in awe of the game being displayed in TATE.
    Attached Images Attached Images