Page 29 of 79 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. It's difficult enough on normal, I wouldn't want to play it on hard.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. I had to switch back to normal after starting on hard. That shit was brutal.

3. I watched some of the game on twitch on the hardest difficulty. Seemed like a Dark Souls game.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. I think that's true, and I don't know if I like it. I want my GoW games to feel more like GoW...the fact that I don't even have the chain blades is disappointing.

I think I want to give Nioh a shot, which seems like people compare it to Dark Souls but it looks a lot faster?

5. Nioh is somewhere between Bloodborne and Ninja Gaiden in terms of pace and the required degree of deliberateness. It's not quite as good as either, but it's an excellent game.

Nioh's cool but it still has a slow rate of advancement (or maybe I just suck) like the Souls games although you don't lose as much progress by dying.

I put Nioh aside for now to play Torment: Tides of Numenera. So far it seems like a solid Planescape follow up although the combat is slower paced and I miss the more humourous side to the writing.

7. Woah! Neozeedeater has an Eddie avatar!

8. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I watched some of the game on twitch on the hardest difficulty. Seemed like a Dark Souls game.
    I had a friend I trust say this to me, and now I am considering buying a God of War game for the first time ever.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I think that's true, and I don't know if I like it. I want my GoW games to feel more like GoW...the fact that I don't even have the chain blades is disappointing.
    I will say that I felt as you do. And then I kept playing. The game grows on you. You upgrade your gear, you learn shit about enemies, the boy becomes not entirely useless. Keep at it. I prefer old GOW obviously, but keep at it.

10. GOW looks quite nice, but the "puzzles" seem really childish. That aspect hasn't kept pace with the graphics.