Page 30 of 79 FirstFirst ... 162628293031323444 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. Playing Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology. This game didn't really grab me when I tried it on DS, and it still isn't grabbing me now. Maybe it's the odd character art, maybe it's the flatness of the initial locations, but I find it pretty dull despite the cool concept. I'll give it another hour or so and see what happens.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

2. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    GOW looks quite nice, but the "puzzles" seem really childish. That aspect hasn't kept pace with the graphics.
    The "puzzles" so far are even worse than previous games, fortunately they're fairly minor.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Just started Persona 5. Been looking forward to this for a while. I also decided to pick up Bayo 2 for Switch and give that another playthrough. Still hacking away Xenoblade 2 as well.
    Last edited by Shin Kazama; 26 Apr 2018 at 07:23 PM.
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

4. I googled Suikoden IV Lottery to see if there were any tricks to it or not (there aren't, it's complete RNG) and read something about a Pirate King Crown. Lots of people say you can only get it on your ship, someone else says you can get it in Middleport but only if you get the best outcome on your first try.

PHOOEY TO THESE CLOWNS. THEY'RE BOTH WRONG.

I just happened to be in Middleport (just got done fighting the big squid looking moving island thing), bought a bunch of equipment, and noticed I had 26 lottery tickets. On my 20th attempt, I scored the Pirate King Crown. I'd log in to gamefaqs and set these zantras straight, but first I'd have to register. And the things I was looking at were 6-10 years old and locked. So I'm telling you jerks instead.

AND THAT'S ONE TO GROW ON!

5. There's a character in this game named Graham Cray and he's voiced by Douglas Rye, a dude that's done a bunch of game voice work.
    I'm willing to bet one shiny dollar he's the dude that voiced Goldman in House of the Dead 2. "Dogs of the AMS..."

Well, maybe not. I looked the video up after I started typing this. But it still could be...

My fourth round Zelda III rando tourney is tonight at 10pm.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

7. I don't know how it slipped under my radar, but there's another game by the developers of Risk of Rain called Deadbolt. It sorta plays like a side scrolling Hotline Miami. It's great!

That looks rad. Almost more like Rolling Thunder but hyper violent.

I've been playing Star Control II for the first time/blind. Day 3 of my playthrough is tonight.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    The "puzzles" so far are even worse than previous games, fortunately they're fairly minor.
    Now that I've gotten some time to really sink my teeth into this one, I don't know if that's true. It seems like the puzzles are more abundant and interesting than my past experience with this series. Some of them stump me for a few minutes, though I haven't gotten outright frustrated with any yet.

Life has kept me insanely busy this past month, and I'd really only gotten to play to the first boss of GoW, but now I had a weekend to dig in, and I'm really digging it. I agree the combat is not my favorite part, and I often hang back and use ranged attacks rather than focusing on melee crowd control, but the game does a really exceptional job of making each moment feel crafted, with all of the scene-specific dialog and animation. Atreus is probably the best companion character ever in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    I've been playing Star Control II for the first time/blind. Day 3 of my playthrough is tonight.
    One of the best games ever.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...