Page 31 of 79 FirstFirst ... 172729303132333545 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. Some Sega CD stuff tonight: Wonder Dog & Terminator.

Nice.

3. Last Gladiators: This Saturn pinball collection used to be one of my favorites. I can still have a pretty good time with it, but I find the big text boxes popping up on the screen to be quite annoying. I sometimes lose sight of the ball, because it is behind those text walls. My other pet peeve is the weak ass nudge buttons. It's almost like I'm not bumping the table at all.

4. I bought the huge Serious Sam bundle on steam and have been going back and forth between SS1 HD and SS2.

These games rule. I actually had a nice PC in my parents' house back in the late '90s-early-'00s, but I was too much of a Japan snob back then to conceive of its connection to gaming extending beyond downloading Bishi Bashi games. Only in the past couple years have I come to realize what I missed out on. SS1 in particular rules. This is the game I keep wanting every Earth Defense Force game I buy to be. The way it teaches to you learn enemy behavior, then demands you learn it, is really something special. I'm absolutely in love with these darn games.

Between Serious Samuel in the early evenings and Bravely Default for 45 minutes at a time in bed, I'm having an Especially Good Gaming Time right now.

5. EDF EDF EDF! 4.1 is pretty damn good, but I wish I can use mounted guns for soldier class.

6. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Between Serious Samuel in the early evenings and Bravely Default for 45 minutes at a time in bed, I'm having an Especially Good Gaming Time right now.
    I picked up Bravely Default again over the weekend after forgetting about it for a year. Something convinced me to play this game on Hard and now, 3 boss rush fights into the endgame I am seriously regretting that decision.

But that battle system though...mwah! (making "air kiss" noise with mouth and right hand)
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

7. Nioh (PC) - Just finished The Spirit Stone Slumbers. Started out using mainly odachi, then moved on to spears & tonfa. Really enjoying this one.
    Terminator (Sega CD) - Getting close to finishing it. Reached the last stage. I'd like to see this one re-mastered for current systems, with the between level movies done in HD & Sarah saying "You're terminated, fucker!".

8. Iconoclasts. This is a nice game to chill out with. Spending 30-45 minutes with it at a clip seems like the right pace.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. EDF 4.1 on PC, playing with Joust and DNG. This game seriously make you earn every progress as multiplayer progress does not carry over to single player.

Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    Terminator (Sega CD) - Getting close to finishing it. Reached the last stage. I'd like to see this one re-mastered for current systems, with the between level movies done in HD & Sarah saying "You're terminated, fucker!".
    That last stage is tough. The last few times I played through the game I died there.

Last night I got the urge to play Sonic 2. I finished Metropolis Zone, had all the Chaos Emeralds and a ton of lives. My wife got home so I save stated on the Everdrive and turned the Genesis off. I come back to it later that night and realize you have to exit back out to the menu for the save states to write to the SD card. Fuck.