Page 45 of 79 FirstFirst ... 314143444546474959 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

While X3 is the weakest of the good X games I still enjoy it for the extra difficulty. You're right about the ride armors, they're all pretty horrible and most of the time I'd rather have X by himself. The armors in the first two games are much better.

I've been playing X4 and the ride armor I found isn't any better, but it is cool that you can get to Magma Dragoon while in the armor and fight him with it.

2. Did the PS1 version of X3 come to PSN? I'd be curious to compare and contrast as a next play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. The Dead Space Trilogy again (just finished #1, 100% Plasma Cutter run) and the Forsaken remaster

good times

Did the PS1 version of X3 come to PSN? I'd be curious to compare and contrast as a next play.
    Are you gonna do a video of it?

4. I don't participate on the watching end or the making end of those things.

5. Crysis 3 (PC): I started playing this game a while back, when I got my GTX 1080 in 2017. Today, I went on a 5 hour gaming session with this game and had a blast. One mission you're driving a dune buggy and firing off rockets, the next your sniping huge beasts with one well placed shot and then another mission culminates with you being a tail gunner, while Psycho is flying you through New York City. This game still looks absolutely amazing, with beautiful water effects and crazy smoke/particle effects as well. It's crazy to think that this game that would melt PC hardware in 2013, can still look as good as the best that is available on PC in 2018, and it does it without needing a GPU that has over 3GB of VRAM.
    Last edited by gamevet; 05 Aug 2018 at 02:19 AM.

6. Crysis 3 got a bad rap. The bow is awesome as shit. That flying level looks so amazing.

7. Crysis 3 got got lost between all of the Battlefield and COD games. I much prefer the Crysis games and it’s been nearly 4 years since the last time I completed Crysis 3.

8. I got Warioware Gold for 3DS and it's scratching the itch. Still wish there was a gamecube style multiplayer round robin with 4 players that didn't require extra cartridges. That's pretty shitty this late in the game, Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Did the PS1 version of X3 come to PSN? I'd be curious to compare and contrast as a next play.
    I don't think so, but the version of X3 on the old PS2/Gamecube MMX Collection was based on the Playstation version instead of the SNES one I think.

I was playing MMX3 again yesterday, trying to clean up on the achievements for the game. Got all the way to the end, beat Kaiser Sigma, but got killed by the lava right after so I didn't actually get the ending. Fuck that shit.

10. Just beat X3, got the gold armor / Zero Saber ending. The lava is bullshit, but if you've got an eTank you can climb back out of there, the autoscroll doesn't kill you automatically for whatever reason.

The whole game has problems! I really hate that the charge shot has this huge delay to it and then slows down the game. The Z-Saber should feel like the Most Awesome Weapon but is just another super slow charge shot (that happens to kill bosses in two shots). Getting the 'secret armor' is really finniky --you can get all the item requirements but not spawn the ride armor in the stage and somehow the upgrade capsule doesn't show up? Wha?

Still generally fun, but the boss fights started feeling phoned in.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 08 Aug 2018 at 06:48 PM.