Page 55 of 79 FirstFirst ... 415153545556575969 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. I dusted off the old Fallout 1 disc and gave it a try on the old Windows 7 PC. I don't know how much more I can play of this. The controls are clunky, finding missions is a pain in the arse and finding caps is next to nil. I don't know how anyone can knock Bethesda for Fallout 3's shortcomings. This game may been the shit back in its day, but I've seen better controls in much older computer games and the ticking calender doesn't leave me a whole lot of time to explore.

2. it’s 2020.

3. I revisited Fallout 1 and 2 right around the time I played 3 and really liked 'em. YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I didn't care for Fallout 1 and 2 when they first came out. I played them again right after Fallout 3, and was blown away by how good they were. They are ugly, clunky, and don't hold your hand so they won't have mass appeal. But, things like the lack of level scaling and sense that choices matter make them superior to the 3d games to me.

5. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I didn't care for Fallout 1 and 2 when they first came out. I played them again right after Fallout 3, and was blown away by how good they were. They are ugly, clunky, and don't hold your hand so they won't have mass appeal. But, things like the lack of level scaling and sense that choices matter make them superior to the 3d games to me.
    I think that my biggest issues with the game is that too many doors are on the back of buldiings, which you have to locate by riding along the walls to expose them, which opens up the ceiling of the building from within. Then there was me getting hired by Martha for the Water Caravans, but not getting a mission from her. I've kind of figured out the barter system, which is way too clunky, considering that Interplay had a pretty good history with The Bard's Tale and its easy to manuever shops system. I'm still sticking with it, but I do feel that there were a lot of poor decisions on Interplay's part, with how they handled moving the story along.

6. You had me at Halo.

7. I just got my old Twisted Metal 4 and you guys have no idea how happy I am about it

8. Civ 6 ps4. Trying the 50 turn Alexander Scenario.

9. I've been playing the recompiled Super Mario 64 on PC. The camera has been hard to adjust to, but this game is so much better with an XBOX controller. Support for all aspect ratios was an unexpected bonus.

10. That sounds pretty fun actually.