Page 44 of 79 FirstFirst ... 304042434445464858 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. I don't want to ignore everything.
    I want to make Lady Grey my wife because I let the jerk run away from me the first time I resurrected her (and didn't know you could find her again afterwards).
    I want to be the best blacksmith ever.
    I want to own every goddamn building in the world.
    I want to be everywhere.
    I want to know everything.
    I want to fuck every one in the world.
    I want to do something- that matters.

2. I am usually a completionist for RPGs (FFX ultimate weapons... yikes) but for this series, I couldn't bother.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I don't want to ignore everything.
    I want to make Lady Grey my wife because I let the jerk run away from me the first time I resurrected her (and didn't know you could find her again afterwards).
    I want to be the best blacksmith ever.
    I want to own every goddamn building in the world.
    I want to be everywhere.
    I want to know everything.
    I want to fuck every one in the world.
    I want to do something- that matters.
    And now I'm going to listen to The Downward Spiral...

4. you’re welcome.

5. Besides listening to the Downward Spiral, I've been playing Steamworld Dig 2, which has just got a lot more fun after finding the grapple hook, and Shadow of the Colossus(PS4). I quit halfway through on PS2 due to the controls but this seems a little bit better. Not modern, but better.

Multiplayer-wise, I finally got a couple Victory Royales in Fortnite after a couple months of playing. I usually only play with friends and family. Heroes of the Storm is also forever in rotation as well.

6. Steamworld Dig 2 really does improve once you get the grapple hook, though I do think overall the game is not as good as the first. It's fun, but the first one was almost magical, I had a really hard time putting it down.

I'm in the middle of a lot of games, slowly working through God of War, replaying Ys VIII, I'm a little past halfway through Owlboy, and working on Hollow Knight. GoW is interesting. I like the game, but I have a hard time putting in more than 2 hours at a clip into it. It always feels when I hit around that mark I'm just like ok that's enough for this weekend. Owlboy has been really disappointing for me. I think the game visually is absolutely beautiful, and there is some amazing attention to detail here. I just wish that same level of detail was put into the gameplay. The lack of a map for any of the dungeons is kind of ridiculous. The gun mechanics are interesting, but the shotgun taking something like 7 - 10 seconds to reload is asinine. So while the concept of carrying around the person whose going to fire for you is interesting the execution is weak to me. I don't know I just find myself more frustrated than having fun with it.

Ys VIII is still fantastic, kind of the opposite of Owlboy, the visuals are lacking and it's nothing to write home about there, but damn is the gameplay solid.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. I'm a PS4 fan. I'm considering trying Assassin's Creed Origins. It seems to be bigger and better with new RPG mechanics, story-driven side quests, and combat system.
    yahoo mail sign up

8. Quote Originally Posted by alnitak View Post
    I'm a PS4 fan. I'm considering trying Assassin's Creed Origins. It seems to be bigger and better with new RPG mechanics, story-driven side quests, and combat system.
    This isn't the "I'm considering trying " thread, you piece of curly horseshit.

9. Ah, I'm considered trying that myself

10. Mega Man X3 -- not as fresh as X1 or a nice tweak to the formula like X2. The 'extra bosses' feel less like part of the story and strategy and more tacked on, like you'd have to have been reading magazines at the time to know the exact way to kill them permanently on the first try. The collectable 'ride armors' all kind of suck.

Still, Mega Man games are like pizza. Even a mediocre one is still pizza. It has to be truly exceptional to be bad. It's fun dialing in the boss patterns and trying to work out the weakness loop without a guide.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 03 Aug 2018 at 03:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!