Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Back, TNL!

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    The apostrophes come out as an A with a squiggle over it on tapatalk since TNL returned.

In before buttcheeks.
    Haha, is that something for cka to fix? You forgot to UTF-8MB4 the database dude!

2. don't blame me blame vbulletin

e: ISO-8859-1 is how rough riders roll

3. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    don't blame me blame vbulletin

e: ISO-8859-1 is how rough riders roll
    I think you can DOMDocument the buffer and specify UTF-8. Of course, that would require hacking vBulletin a little. Prob easier to export the database, drop it, add a new one with the right encoding, then strip the encoding line out of the backup before re-importing?

4. Whatever happened also hit Sega-16 as well.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. Does Sega-16 have a database? If not it's possible to solve it easily from a virtual host level. (I'm assuming the box is an EC2 or similar instance with vhosts, not 1 image provisioned across multiple boxes. I'm also assuming some flavor of Linux w/Apache.)

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    I think you can DOMDocument the buffer and specify UTF-8. Of course, that would require hacking vBulletin a little. Prob easier to export the database, drop it, add a new one with the right encoding, then strip the encoding line out of the backup before re-importing?
    It would be easier for you knobs to stop using tappatalk

7. I don’t think it’s Tapatalk but let’s see what happens with this post...

EDIT: Maybe it is. Those are “smart” apostrophes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    It would be easier for you knobs to stop using tappatalk
    Why do you dislike the best way to use forums so much?

Obviously it isn't the best if it requires hacking forum code to display text right.

And haven't you admitted it can't do a host of other things? Display simg images? Play webms?

What's so great about it? What does it do that the mobile skin that mollie crafted just for you, doesn't do?

Featherweight > Tapatalk > Mobile skin