Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 68910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: February 2018

1. Gate of Doom! for Nintendo Switch
    Samurai Aces Switch
    Space Invaders Extreme Steam
    Infinos Gaiden Steam

2. Overcooked for Switch. This is a really fun co-op multiplayer game, my daughter and I had a lot of fun yelling at each other for ingredients.

3. Kudos to Gamevet, I got Retro Gamer issue #2!

4. Trails of Cold Steel II (PC)

Logitech G29 Driving Force (PS 3 & 4, PC) - May have to try Ridge Racer 7 again with this.

stopped at a thrift to find some 13 inch tvs for my cocktail cab repairs. Found 2!

I also found a box of sega stuff. 1 console, 3 controlers, 2 joysticks, 1 4 player tap. and these games

6 pack
    bass torny 96
    Columns
    Columns 3
    cool spot
    EVANDER HOLYFIELD REAL DEAL BOXING
    hard ball 95
    joe manny football
    madden 96
    madden 97
    mk2
    mk3 ulimate
    mlbpa baseball
    ms pacman
    Pac Man 2
    Pitfall
    R.B.I. Baseball '93
    Rocket Knight Adventures
    sf2
    shut up and jam
    Sonic 2
    Sonic 3
    tazz mania
    wrestle mania

6. Bayonetta 1 and 2 (retail with code for Bayonetta 1) Switch
    Double Dragon Neon Steam
    Bleed Switch

7. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Kudos to Gamevet, I got Retro Gamer issue #2!
    I'd thought for the longest time that I only had like issues 2-4 and 7. It turns out that I have the 1st seven issues of Retro Gamer. I got that issue I'd sent to you from Half-Price Books for $2 about 4 or 5 years ago. I didn't know I'd already owned it.

My collection for the magazine is pretty bizarre. I have the 1st 7 issues and then didn't get another issue until around 27 and then 32. Then there was a long hiatus where I didn't buy any more of the magazine until around the 78th issue and then started back up around 89. I guess part of that was because Fry's stopped carrying magazines for nearly 2 years and I rarely visited Barns & Noble.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    stopped at a thrift to find some 13 inch tvs for my cocktail cab repairs. Found 2!

I also found a box of sega stuff. 1 console, 3 controlers, 2 joysticks, 1 4 player tap. and these games.....
    I'd visited a couple of mom and pop thrift stores in McAllen Texas, after being disappointed with their local Goodwill. The 1st shop called B&N thrift had absolutely nothing but an old PlayStation version of Madden mixed in with some CDs and I stumble upon a Red Dead Revolver for the PS2. I opened up the case and discovered that it had GTA Vice City inside of it. I went to a second store called Texas Thrift. They had a lot of old sports games, some DJ Hero turn tables and a 32" (black) Sony Trinitron. There was also PSP UMDs ($5) and a couple of PSP games ($10) behind the glass case in the front of the store. Really, the best place to go that's like a thrift shop is the pawn shops. I've seen much better selections and prices than these thrift stores have been offering lately.

Since I was stuck in McAllen for a day, I dropped by a GameStop I'd visited the day before and picked up Bayonetta 1&2 for the Wii U.

Attached Images Attached Images

8. Stopped in the thrift store near me a couple days ago. Wasn't having any luck until I started looking through the board games/puzzles. Found a complete PC original big box copy of Deus Ex for $1.97, box is near perfect and it has every single insert.

That was my first half decent find there in about a year.

9. Grabbed Injustice 2 Ultimate on PSN Flash Sale. I've really been itching to get at this, but wasn't about to pay full price for a game with a character pass.

10. I am on a NES kick lately, I picked up Super C and Defender of the Crown. Super C was pretty tough on the NES mini mostly due to lag, I have no problem getting to stage 4 with an actual system hooked up to a CRT.

Defender of the Crown was one of my favorites back in the day. The strategy/gameplay is relatively simple and I remember conquering with everyone easily. Years have not been kind to my skills though, as I got wiped out early and often.