Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: February 2018

1. Happ all the way for US games, especially.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. IL is better than Happ if you can find them, but you can't beat Happ on price.
    The problem with Happ is that they use unprotected microswitches, and the actuator wears them down to the point that you can't hit diagonals. You can swap them with the button microswitches at that point since the nubby switches work fine in buttons, but the real solution is to use switches that have the little metal lever protecting the plastic bit.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Weird. TNL ate my post.

Would anyone want sanwa on mk2?
    You need a high tension stick like the Happ to do bounce teleport(smack the stick down and let the rebound hit the up direction for you) with Raiden and Kung Lao. Sanwa sticks are not capable of that, at least not with the stock spring.

4. Fighting game nerds will want Sanwa (or Seimitsu, the Linux equivalent button), but the person that will buy that cab will probably want American nostalgia parts.

5. American parts are just tougher and easier to service. The buttons and sticks use the same microswitches, and you can change one switch at a time on sticks. I would definitely go for the convex competition buttons instead of the convex standard ones. You don't need the grime cavity.

Also, anything with leaf switches can go straight into the trash.

6. finally completed the set!

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I prefer the Baseball bat joysticks.
    same
    http://backloggery.com/irishninja/sig.gif

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    You need a high tension stick like the Happ to do bounce teleport(smack the stick down and let the rebound hit the up direction for you) with Raiden and Kung Lao. Sanwa sticks are not capable of that, at least not with the stock spring.
    You could just press down and up quickly you know.

8. I put waaaay too much time into Crazy Golf with friends on CT2!! So damn addictive!

9. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    You could just press down and up quickly you know.
    You can try, but it's not like the home ports. Arcade MK2 has a ridiculously short input window on that move.

I've played plenty of arcade mk2 with both pads and the ridiculous ps3 MK stick. Learn2execute