Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quincy Jones talks some Sh*t

1. Someone get him to shoot with Iron Sheik
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Maybe. A lot people need to exaggerate their accomplishments as they get older, like their legacy isn't already cemented. Take Phil Collins, for example.
    OMG RUDE
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. I don't hear his claim that Billy Jean was a ripoff of a Donna Summer song.

4. The synth arpeggiation is very similar, though a pretty simple melody. I prefer the flourish of Michael’s.
    The story is that he apologized to Hall and Oates for pulling inspiration from I Can’t Go For That, which sounds more similar. Though Jackson apparently was around during Summers’ recording sessions, so it’s not like he wasn’t working with people and taking inspiration from around him.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    The synth arpeggiation is very similar, though a pretty simple melody. I prefer the flourish of Michael’s.
    The story is that he apologized to Hall and Oates for pulling inspiration from I Can’t Go For That, which sounds more similar. Though Jackson apparently was around during Summers’ recording sessions, so it’s not like he wasn’t working with people and taking inspiration from around him.
    Hall recalled that conversation and he said that he didn't think that Billy Jean sounded like a ripoff of their song.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...n_6708284.html

I'd recently seen a video, or read some article that listed a bunch of songs that shared melodies from one particular Hall and Oats song. The list was quite long.

6. Surely it wasn't The Onion
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

FUCK PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT VIDEO WHAT THE FUCK

8. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT VIDEO
    No.

No.

There aren't these people.

There can't be.

9. I've never seen that video, that's awesome.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    FUCK PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT VIDEO WHAT THE FUCK
    The Onion?

No!