Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 414161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thoughts and Prayers thread. Brought to you by the NRA

1. yeah, I'm ok with that for some reason

but since a certain group of people want to make it hard for people to get treatment for these illnesses, what other option do you propose?

2. Is anyone advocating for mentally ill people to bear arms? What are you saying?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. They need those guns to defend themselves against demons and conspirators.

4. I've thought about it a good bit. I like guns. They're really neat machines, and shooting them is incredibly fun. But, I probably shouldn't own one. That said, I do't think the government should make that choice for me.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I've thought about it a good bit. I like guns. They're really neat machines, and shooting them is incredibly fun. But, I probably shouldn't own one. That said, I do't think the government should make that choice for me.
    heh, I feel the exact same except for the last sentence. I think the government prob should make the decision for me in this case, since my own perceptions can be skewed under duress. In the case of people who may not have reliable family or friends around them who can check when their behavior when it gets "out there," I think it's the best we have gov intervention when it comes to firearms.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. I tend to agree. But, if the intent of the Second Amendment is to act as a check in the balance of power between citizens and the government, how can we let the government regulate who is capable of owning a firearm while preventing it from becoming authoritarian?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. because

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 12.23.58 PM.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	81394
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

The government can kill you from miles away with a god damn robot these days. Guns don’t really do much to balance the power anymore. The second amendment is outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    heh, I feel the exact same except for the last sentence. I think the government prob should make the decision for me in this case, since my own perceptions can be skewed under duress. In the case of people who may not have reliable family or friends around them who can check when their behavior when it gets "out there," I think it's the best we have gov intervention when it comes to firearms.
    An unintended consequence of this is that the worst offenders might avoid care if the findings will be used against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    The government can kill you from miles away with a god damn robot these days. Guns don’t really do much to balance the power anymore. The second amendment is outdated.
    We should be allowed to update.