Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 515171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thoughts and Prayers thread. Brought to you by the NRA

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I tend to agree. But, if the intent of the Second Amendment is to act as a check in the balance of power between citizens and the government, how can we let the government regulate who is capable of owning a firearm while preventing it from becoming authoritarian?
    It is no surprise that the areas with the longest history of police abuse are also the most progun.

At least until racism. Conservatives can turn on a dime if brown people are involved. Gun banning was a response to the black panthers. But anti government types also buy "support Blue" car stickers after minority beatings and want free speech flag burning and not saying the pledge or kneeling outlawed.

America the beautiful.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 28 Aug 2018 at 09:06 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Guns don’t really do much to balance the power anymore. The second amendment is outdated.
    Seriously. If the second amendment rubes think that their precious AR-15s are going to protect them from a potentially oppressive government, they're in for a holy fuck ton of an awakening if it ever does go down.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 28 Aug 2018 at 04:57 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I've thought about it a good bit. I like guns. They're really neat machines, and shooting them is incredibly fun. But, I probably shouldn't own one. That said, I do't think the government should make that choice for me.
    I don't know man, you're awesome but I think I would agree on government restrictions not allowing you to own a gun. For your own safety as much as everyone else's.

Then again I would also agree on government restrictions not allowing anyone to own a gun.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    The government can kill you from miles away with a god damn robot these days. Guns don’t really do much to balance the power anymore. The second amendment is outdated.
    I know we did such a good job taking out the North Vietnamese army and the Taliban.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    The government can kill you from miles away with a god damn robot these days. Guns don’t really do much to balance the power anymore. The second amendment is outdated.
    Plus we have cops killing black people for looking like they might have guns? Some "right" that is. Maybe it's the white to bear arms.

6. where'd you hear that one

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Plus we have cops killing black people for looking like they might have guns? Some "right" that is. Maybe it's the white to bear arms.
    Yeah, lets give cops sole ownership of guns. That will work out great for minorities.

8. I've been around too many instances and have known too many people that either had the intent of shooting someone with a gun, or had been killed with a gun.

- My cousin Tony died at the age of 14, when his brother and friend were playing around with a .45. I had just gotten home for Christmas and saw Tony for the 1st time in 2 years. 2 days later he was gone.

- My niece's dad got shot in the head over a poker game up in Oklahoma. What ever happened to just getting in a fist fight?

- My friend Dennis thought he had heard something while they were hiking in the woods. He pulled his 45 pistol and it went off. The bullet grazed his knee cap, entered his calve and came out around his ankle. It was bear country, so it made sense to carry a large fire arm. It just shouldn't have been Dennis carrying it.

- Here comes Dennis again. This time it's a shotgun. My friend Dennis and Shawn are at a keg party. The local bully liked to get into fights with people that were too drunk to fight back. He grabs Dennis in a headlock and my friend Shawn tells the dude to back off. He lets go of Dennis, Shawn is heading back into the house and then he feels a thump on the back of his head. The asshole now wants to fight Shawn, so my friend proceeds to kicking his ass. While this is going on, drunk old Dennis has grabbed the shotgun out of the gun rack (that's Montana for you) and thinks he's going to shoot the asshole that started the fight. A guy name Wayne tackles Dennis and hits him in the face with the butt of the rifle. The shotgun went off when this happened.

-We're out at a friends family cabin out at Lake Travis. My friend Ray reserves the cabin from the family for the weekend. His drunken ass loser brother shows up with his 2 daughters, even though he was not supposed to be there. He's drunk and mad that we don't want to socialize with him. Rays Red Healer got playful with the daughters and accidentally puts a little scratch on one of the girls arms with her paw. Ray's brother pulls out a .22 rifle and tells Ray he's going to shoot the dog. A scruffle between Ray and Bobby breaks out. Ray has brace on his leg from an injury that happened earlier that month. His brother has him on the kitchen floor with the rifle under Ray's chin. We were going to grab Bobby, but Ray tells us to back off. We all leave and call the cops.

Yeah, as much as I support owning a gun, I don't own one myself. I gave my father my 3.06 and have never bought another gun. I think that in reality, there's only about 20% of the general public that are smart and calm enough to own a gun. The rest are just one drunken, or angry moment away from killing someone.
    Last edited by gamevet; 28 Aug 2018 at 09:16 PM.

Maybe you know a lot of dumbasses?

Sucks about Tony though.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Maybe you know a lot of dumbasses?

Sucks about Tony though.
    Dennis is actually a really intelligent person that does stupid things. Add in alcohol and he could have been behind bars had he killed somebody with that shot gun. He was in the Nuclear Engineering program for the Navy. Our friend Shawn thinks that he flunked the final exam, so that he wouldn't be stuck in a Nuclear Submarine.

But really, let's be honest. Most people on this planet are dumbasses in one way, or another.