Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thoughts and Prayers thread. Brought to you by the NRA

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I don’t think most any of these are planned outside of a couple weeks. Maybe an impetus is sparked, but not actual planning.
    How long does it take to do an alternative?

And are any of them more complicated than making meth?

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I know Columbine was in process for about a year or more, but that’s an outlier in a lot of ways. I’d be curious to know if other shooters were planning for an extended period of time or not.
    Marvin Heemeyer took 1.5 years for his plot.

Ted Kaczynski used bombs across a 17 year period.

Does anyone have any evidence that any mass killings haven't been planned over a period of less than a month?

speaking of Ted Kaczynski, he was the subject of stress inducing experiments while at harvard.

As a sophomore, Kaczynski participated in a study described by author Alton Chase as a "purposely brutalizing psychological experiment", led by Harvard psychologist Henry Murray. Subjects were told they would be debating personal philosophy with a fellow student, and were asked to write essays detailing their personal beliefs and aspirations. The essays were turned over to an anonymous attorney, who in a later session would confront and belittle the subject – making "vehement, sweeping, and personally abusive" attacks – using the content of the essays as ammunition, while electrodes monitored the subject's physiological reactions. These encounters were filmed, and subjects' expressions of rage were later played back to them repeatedly.[20] The experiment ultimately lasted three years, with someone verbally abusing and humiliating Kaczynski each week.[21][22] Kaczynski's lawyers later attributed his hostility towards mind control techniques to this experience.[20] Chase[7][23] and others[24][25] have also suggested that this experience may have motivated Kaczynski's criminal activities, while philosopher Jonathan D. Moreno has said that Kaczynski's later bombing campaign can "by no means be laid at Harvard's door".
    That kind of sounds like the internet.

4. Why can’t we get a school slaying with swords? Just little decapitated heads everywhere? It’s not like those school guards are that competent.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Why can’t we get a school slaying with swords? Just little decapitated heads everywhere? It’s not like those school guards are that competent.
    Go all Kill Bill on a school?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Why can’t we get a school slaying with swords? Just little decapitated heads everywhere? It’s not like those school guards are that competent.
    Kids don't have the grip strength these days.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ing-their-grip

7. So apparently high school students have decided to hold a walk out on the worst possible day to get the attention of conservative law makers. April 20. It's anniversary of Columbine but nobody's going to talk about that. It's all going to be bullshit about kids taking the day off to go smoke weed.

No one cares about walk outs. I can't even imagine what anyone could do in 2018 as a protest that is legal that would bother anyone.

9. It's nice to know that people still celebrate Der Führer's birthday.

When I was in high school in the mid 90's, we had a walk out to protest the school having cops come in with dogs to check for drugs. They never brought the cops in after that.
    Last edited by kedawa; 17 Feb 2018 at 05:06 PM.

10. In the Las Vegas/Mandalay Bay concert shooting, the big problem was that the gunman didn't have to get close to the venue.
    I partially blame the hotel. He shouldn't have been able to bring in all those guns & rounds. Maybe they should have guests open suitcases to be inspected at check-in.
    The hotel did send one guard to investigate. Mistake. It should've been 2-3 guards, not just one. When Jesus Campos was sent to check on an open door alert & ultimately headed to the suite where drilling sounds were heard, the gunman shot him. If he were accompanied by a couple others, they could have returned fire to stop the shooter. I would hope the security guards were armed. Glass break sensors should be put on hotel windows, triggering a call to security rather than just maintenance.