Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thoughts and Prayers thread. Brought to you by the NRA

1. Wow icarus, that's brutal.

I had a thought just now about how to maybe fix the problem of the NRA. There are apparently no membership requirements. You don't even need to be American. You just need to pay your dues. So if a shitload of people joined up they could make the NRA as useless as the NRA has made Congress on gun control. I think a lot more politicians might be open to things if they weren't bought and paid for.

2. Fucking hell, another school shooting. This is sad. 14 school shootings and we're not even 2 full months into 2018?
    Normally I'm not for the death penalty, but this is something else. Let them turn the bastard over to Florida State Prison for execution. It'll probably be lethal injection, but he really deserves to get the chair. Watch that lamer probably try to plead NGRI.

Maybe the NRA should have to do background checks for membership, similar to those required to buy a gun. Surely, those Republican stooges of theirs won't allow that. Damnit. Well, if enough Congress seats flip to blue then maybe it could work.
    Guns such as the one used, which is a semi-auto AR-15 assault rifle, should be only for military or law enforcement use. It's not like you need that kind of gun for self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Trump on Twitter
    Just spoke to Governor Rick Scott. We are working closely with law enforcement on the terrible Florida school shooting.
    -- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 14, 2018
    Tch. Don't try to sell me on the idea that this NRA worshiper really cares even one little bit. If he gave a damn, he'd consider reinstating that assault rifle/hicap mag ban which expired in 2004.

3. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I have footage from inside the school during the gunfire. People we know died.
    Fuck
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    Wow icarus, that's brutal.

I had a thought just now about how to maybe fix the problem of the NRA. There are apparently no membership requirements. You don't even need to be American. You just need to pay your dues. So if a shitload of people joined up they could make the NRA as useless as the NRA has made Congress on gun control. I think a lot more politicians might be open to things if they weren't bought and paid for.
    How do you think nra membership works? They put you on the council of elders?

They give you a magazine subscription and use your dues to pay lobbiest.

5. Well, I figured at some point there'd be membership meetings where they canvas for opinions. Maybe not "So do we still support guns?" opinions, but "Should we continue to invest all of your money in Congress or can we relax and maybe put in a hot tub next to the chapel?" If that's not what they do then nevermind.

6. Bribe congressmen with hookers and $$$$. That's what a good lobbiest would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    Well, I figured at some point there'd be membership meetings where they canvas for opinions. Maybe not "So do we still support guns?" opinions, but "Should we continue to invest all of your money in Congress or can we relax and maybe put in a hot tub next to the chapel?" If that's not what they do then nevermind.
    I'm pretty sure there are no meetings with generic members.

8. Skip to 4:57.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    Well, I figured at some point there'd be membership meetings where they canvas for opinions. Maybe not "So do we still support guns?" opinions, but "Should we continue to invest all of your money in Congress or can we relax and maybe put in a hot tub next to the chapel?" If that's not what they do then nevermind.
    The NRA only gives a shit about the gun makers and their opinion, they don't give a fuck about gun owners aside from encouraging them to consume.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Yeah, nra meetings are like e3. It's just to get you to buy more shit.