Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 616181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thoughts and Prayers thread. Brought to you by the NRA

1. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    in reality, there's only about 20% of the general public that are smart and calm enough to own a gun. The rest are just one drunken, or angry moment away from killing someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    But really, let's be honest. Most people on this planet are dumbasses in one way, or another.
    You’re being very quotable tonight.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Yeah, lets give cops sole ownership of guns. That will work out great for minorities.
    I don't see your point here.

OK whitey

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Dennis is actually a really intelligent person that does stupid things. Add in alcohol and he could have been behind bars had he killed somebody with that shot gun. He was in the Nuclear Engineering program for the Navy. Our friend Shawn thinks that he flunked the final exam, so that he wouldn't be stuck in a Nuclear Submarine.

But really, let's be honest. Most people on this planet are dumbasses in one way, or another.
    You either have a healthy outlook on guns or you don't. I grew up in house surrounded by them. I never dreamed of playing with one. We didn't shoot them a lot. And I don't own one now.

5. Same here. I had a rack of rifles across from my playroom as a kid. I built my own ninja weapons and explosives at the time. Never touched the guns.

6. The Thoughts and Prayers thread. Brought to you by the NRA

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I don't know man, you're awesome but I think I would agree on government restrictions not allowing you to own a gun. For your own safety as much as everyone else's.

Then again I would also agree on government restrictions not allowing anyone to own a gun.
    Who decides when it’s ok if I want to buy one? I’m very wary of taking rights away from the mentally ill.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    You either have a healthy outlook on guns or you don't. I grew up in house surrounded by them. I never dreamed of playing with one. We didn't shoot them a lot. And I don't own one now.
    I grew up in Montana, which I did mention with one of the stories about guns. Everyone owned multiple guns, with the purposes of owning those guns being hunting and self defense from wildlife while in the wilderness. People were not the threat, it was the wildlife, just like in Alaska. Those are very legit reasons to own a firearm, because nature is very dangerous there. We took hunter safety classes and gun safety was of the highest priority. The city is quite different. Most of the people own guns for recreational shooting and the supposed threat of an intruder. The intruder in the city is a much lesser percentage than that of a person up in Alaska or Montana, running into a bear or Mountain Lion out in the wild. The person living out is areas with such a high risk of an animal attack have a 100% legit reason to own a firearm, because every day is a chance of that happening. While the guy living in the city has maybe a 1% chance of having their home broke into and an even lesser chance in a nice neighborhood; they could get a dog which would immediately remedy that situation.

I have no issues with people owning guns, if their living area deems it a necessity. What I don't like is that anyone can get a gun, without having some sort of legit background and mental checks to see if they are worthy of owning one.

8. Describe a mental check to me.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Describe a mental check to me.

He doesn't get a gun.

Is it just me that thinks that the guy asking the questions is smoking a poorly rolled fat J?
    Last edited by gamevet; 28 Aug 2018 at 11:14 PM.

10. But he has a gun? Did you not watch the movie?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt