Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thoughts and Prayers thread. Brought to you by the NRA

1. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    Maybe they should have guests open suitcases to be inspected at check-in.
    T
    You're right. But that's not enough. There should be guards stationed outside of every home, checking people as they walk in or out of the house. Actually, it'd be best if every citizen was implanted with a chip that streamed everything a person saw or heard, and an AI could track it.
    Privacy is so over rated. 99.9999999999% of the population should give theirs up to weed out the .0000000001% that shouldn't have it.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    speaking of Ted Kaczynski, he was the subject of stress inducing experiments while at harvard.

That kind of sounds like the internet.
    did you not know this before? it's fascinating - he was 100% the result of the "MKULTRA" stuff. Like, I'm not a conspiracy person but the government broke his brain, totally. We have a big chapter of no-nos in social experiments basically due to this, the Tuskegee Syphilis experiment, and the Stanford prison experiment. We are still learning from the research that overzealous nuts conducted tho, so go figure. There's a few documentaries I can recommend on Unabomber if you want, due to the locale of his bombings I've done a lot of armchair detective work about him (and he checked out a book from my school library!)

Unabomber was a weird outlier, btw - way closer to how serial killers operate rather than a typical mass murderer, due to the time between attacks, and his bombs were usually meant for one individual. I don't think we should use him as a correlational example between him and school shooters and their methods. Columbine was an outlier because of the two shooters teaming up together. However, Eric and Dylan had been visited by the cops many, many times before they carried out their plot. There was plenty of warning and no one listened or knew what to do.

Las Vegas guy is an easier case to follow. he had a ton of guns, he was involved in previous illegal activity, and he recently lost a ton of money. His trajectory makes sense. We don't know how long he was planning it tho.

In many of these cases (both with school and mass shooters,) the cops were aware of the shooter's violent inclinations. They were usually not people who had no interaction with the law, they usually were known to law enforcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. Which docs are good? I’ve read his book.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. It doesn't really matter if someone is on their radar. Without actual evidence of an imminent attack, the police have no authority to jail a person or take away their guns.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    You're right. But that's not enough. There should be guards stationed outside of every home, checking people as they walk in or out of the house. Actually, it'd be best if every citizen was implanted with a chip that streamed everything a person saw or heard, and an AI could track it.
    Privacy is so over rated. 99.9999999999% of the population should give theirs up to weed out the .0000000001% that shouldn't have it.
    1984?

6. That seems to be the direction people want to go.

7. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Which docs are good? I’ve read his book.
    The best doc I've seen on him was this one. It's a little dated in the internet parts but this is one of the things that launched my obsession with the whole deal. I'd recommend this one first.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr5M6oEx2j4

This is from Errol Morris' "First Person" TV show, also excellent
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BurUfcV0GR4

And Manhunt:Unabomber, while a fictional show, was very true to life and an excellent retelling of the accounts.

The BBC doc is fine, it's pretty straightforward and kinda boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    That seems to be the direction people want to go.
    It makes much more sense than gun control, duh.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. It’s like how after DUI deaths went up, they restricted ABV to 80 proof and limited case capacity to 6 beers.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. You can still purchase alcohol over 80 proof, you just have to apply for a permit from the ATF. And who really needs more than 6 beers anyway?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt