Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 717192021222325 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thoughts and Prayers thread. Brought to you by the NRA

1. They obviously have some work to do. You'd think that they would of had a metal detector in the future. Stupid Tyrell Corporation!

2. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Who decides when it’s ok if I want to buy one? I’m very wary of taking rights away from the mentally ill.
    That’s a good point and I don’t think I have a well formed opinion on who should decide. I would default to a doctor obviously but then who vets the doctors.

So yeah, let’s just go with taking the guns away from everyone.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

If you include the police, government, and military, I'll agree.

Also, at what point do we stop taking away rights because of mental illness?

Because let's be honest, most bigots, racists, alt right, are probably suffering from something. At the very least, serious depression. Hate comes from a deep internal unhappiness or fear.

And if we take it a step further and just take them away from people that are lacking, haven't we just circled back to educated land owners being the only full citizens? Because let's be honest on who's doing 90% of the gun murder. Stupid poor and low class kids and teens. Add education and land ownership to the req to buy a gun and a lot of this goes away.

Well, other than all the black market guns inner city criminals get. But what can you do.

6. What if you don't believe that it should be a right? I know we've beaten this to death before, but that's where I stand.

"This document that was paired with another that said black people are 60% says so"

then shove that document up your ass, it isn't infallible

"The Supreme Court has ruled that the right belongs to individuals for self-defense,[5][6] while also ruling that the right is not unlimited and does not prohibit long-standing bans from the possession "of firearms by felons or the mentally ill" of firearms or similar devices"

"Madison wrote how a federal army could be kept in check by state militias, "a standing army ... would be opposed [by] a militia.""

You aren't stopping shit in 2018, you'd be vaporized off the planet.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 29 Aug 2018 at 07:32 AM.

7. It’s wild how Americans dismiss the power of armed civilians, despite losing two wars to them.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. They didn't lose to american civilians.

No, almost every conflict we've lost was to people far more behind us technically, using shittier weapons.

Also, am I the only one not stupid enough to think the us military isn't going to slaughter a sizeable amount of the US population?

If the American people had a genuine grevance and a 100,000 people showed up at the white house armed, most cops and military will call in sick.

Some won’t.

Governments have slaughtered civilians all over the world all through time.