Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: March 2018

If it was a Turbostick it's probably because it was lame.

2. It was. I think I figured that it's cheap parts were worn out and that was part of the reason it was $5. Then again, people weren't looking for Turbo stuff 7 or 8 years ago.

I got a Turbostick for free and I paid too much. It's a piece of crap, using a regular controller is much better. There's not enough space in there to hack in good parts either.

4. I was never very jealous of my NES owning friends. I had an SMS and then a TG16. I was quite happy with them.
    But I will admit to being jealous of the NES advantage. Both my systems had absolute shit for sticks.

5. I was jealous of Bonk's Revenge on TG16, but that was it. What are the little grey slider nubbins on top of the Turbostick, rapid fire?
    I didn't know anybody with a Master System until Genesis was a thing, but we were so caught up in Quackshot and Sonic and Taz-Mania that we didn't even bother turning it on.

I had Asciiware's Fightstick SN and Fightstick SG-6, neither of which was particularly useful. I think I got them both on clearance at the same time.

We have it so good with modern sticks.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 02 Mar 2018 at 06:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. I like the SMS stick, one of the few controllers that I broke from overuse. The advantage is a close second, but I prefer the Max pad .

7. The Max was a odd little beast. Hated it when I got one for Christmas but with time it became my favorite controller. When I got one a few years ago in a NES lot it was sobering how small it was compared to memories from childhood.

Yeah the Turbostick had adjustable turbo. At Max it could fire faster than a turbo pad.

9. The nice think about the SMS is that it uses a standard home computer controller port design, so there were a lot of great joysticks that were compatible even though they weren't marketed as SMS controllers. I had a nice Gravis three button stick, and a lot of cheap junk. I actually liked the SMS pad, but they turn into mushy garbage after a while. I had an NES advantage at one point. It really was nice to use, but a stick of that size is hard to keep level without resting it on a table, so I barely used it. It was neat that it could connect to two controller ports simultaneously.

10. I didn't have this when the console was new but a few years later. (not my picture)

It's pretty awesome, uses all Happ parts from the 90s. The button layout is weird but thankfully the games I would use it in have editable button assignments.

I'll just chime in and say I also loved the NES Max and Advantage. I used the max for racing games on the NES all the time. I have 2 of the SNES Asciiware Fighter sticks, and one for the Genesis. They are fucking terrible, I may try and sell them at a local gamestore soon.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.