Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zelda: ALTTP Randomizer (and other Randomizers)

Zelda: ALTTP Randomizer (and other Randomizers)

So a twitch viewer got me into Zelda Randomizer Races and it might just be the best in videogame entertainment. All the items are shuffled into the world and the crystals randomized so Zelda becomes a somehwat-roguelike where you are trying to clear it as fast as possible with a different item set every time. The routing is wildly varied and open so it's not like watching a straight speedrun race and anyone of fairly similar skill can beat anyone just by making better choices, though execution still matters as it did in this race.

There are randomizers for a ton of games, but ALTTP is so good this is the only one I've gotten into so far. If you haven't tried it yet, it's a blast. You need an emu and the jap rom and then go here and make a randomized rom and have fun!

My first try took me 8 hours and now my best time is 1:44. I end most of my streams with a run of this.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

2. I was there at the tail end of that 1:44 run! Good stuff!

Just got my Super NT in the mail, I'll probably break that in with a vanilla LTTP run, then give this a shot soon after while the game's usual flow is fresh in my head.

3. I read about this and the Super Metroid randomizer. Pretty cool stuff.

4. Metroid I have not heard of, that's an interesting idea. And a shorter game.
    Cow, do you put a seed or something into the game to do the races? I might would try to play along to a stream some day. I think I'd need to play a lot before doing a real race.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

5. Can you throw a randomized rom to ED and play it on SNES instead of an emulator?

6. I got into this thanks to Cow, and although I am AWFUL at it it's so much fun to do.

7. Do these randomizer rooms work with the snes classic?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

I don't have enough time to play all the real designed games I own, let alone this bullshit.

9. Yeah, a few months ago an old friend I haven't seen in person since high school was bugging me on FB to watch him play in a randomized Dragon Warrior speedrun tournament on twitch. I watched for a few minutes and was like, "it's neat knowing this exists, but that's about the extent of my interest."

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

10. The RE remake randomizer looks neat. If you know the game really well it could be a lot of fun.