Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: White House releases a video on game violence.

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26
    I don't care if they card kids. Though it does beg the question: how are we going to prove our ages for digital content on steam?
    Still, carding should be strictly up to the retailer. Someone who sells a mature-rated game to a minor should just get in trouble with their boss, not embroiled in legal system hell with jail or fines due to government overreach.
    Having to furnish hard proof of age for digital content could be a bitch if it happens. I hope we don't go there.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    I don't believe that violent video games turn kids into killers, but I do believe that it can desensitize children that are mentally unstable and don't have a grasp of imaginary vs. real. The Immortal John Hancock and his wife did a nice piece on the subject.
    For all kids, the parents should do their job. Part of that is to pay attention to what they're playing. Video games shouldn't be used as a digital babysitter.
    If a game influences a child in a bad way, then like you said, something was already wrong. "Something" that the parents should have addressed sooner.

2. This has got nothing to do with anything. It's a stupid distraction, which is the whole point. The conversation is "gun violence" not "look at this shiny new target".

3. Maybe Trump should ban history classes in schools while he's at it. Can't have kids hearing about war, Wild West Outlaws, genocides, & all that shit.

4. Only the parts where they act out the history, like Oregon Trail. It's the pantomiming that sets games apart from other media.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

5. First you're pantomiming the Oregon Trail, next you die of dysentery. It's a national scourge.

6. I've seen enough 12 year old assholes on GTA and shit. I'd be doing for making it harder for them to buy stuff. Parents don't give a shit, they barely even look at that shit.

But yes, gun control please.

7. Ban games for adults. Tear the wires from every server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Just thought I'd share this.

Gizmodo: Science finds once again that violent video games don't turn people into rage monsters.
    It's about yet another study calling bullshit on the supposed link between violent VGs & real violence. The study was done in Germany.

I'm betting you Trump goes after race driving games later. Knowing him, he'll likely say they influence highway speeding & illegal midnight street racing. Then there'll be a YouTube video with The Fast & The Furious, Ridge Racer 7, Out Run 2 SP, Daytona Championship USA, Initial D, Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune, Cruis'n Blast, & a few others. Maybe even some crashes from Burnout.
    Last edited by gameoverDude; 18 Mar 2018 at 04:29 PM.

9. Speaking of Germany, I did a study and found that painting landscapes turns you into a wannabe world conquering genocidal douche bag.

Has Bush Jr moved on t landscapes or is he still doing portraits?