View Poll Results: Daylight Saving Time: Keep it or Trash it?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it.

0 0%
  • Trash it!

15 100.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daylight Saving Time: What do you think?

1. New years is a shitty holiday. I don't need an extra day off when it's thirty below. Give me a free day between july and august.

2. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    thirty below
    wat
    Boo, Hiss.

3. I think he lives in Canada or some shit.

EDIT: Also, I am unable to vote in this poll.™

4. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    New years is a shitty holiday. I don't need an extra day off when it's thirty below. Give me a free day between july and august.
    I think the point of giving you New Year's Day off is more about what happens the night before and how for many people it makes it pretty pointless for them to even show up the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

Classist horseshit. Anyone with a real job has to work on Jan 1st.

Correct.

Any job that follows a high school holiday schedule is some elite shit

7. Haven’t used DST in nearly a decade, and can’t say I’ve missed it. Even here in Japan, with a 4:30 AM sunrise during peak summer, it’s not that big of a deal. Heavier curtains are a one-time expense. Accounting for DST every time I need to call back to the States is an eternal annoyance.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Any job that follows a high school holiday schedule is some elite shit
    What about a high school teacher?

They're working their side job on the 1st.

10. True. My dad was a high school english teacher for 40 years. He had a second job the entire time.