Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 356789 LastLast

Thread: Things Kids Today Won't Get To Experience

Lucky you. Uncle Bob took me to the airport all the time.

The video I got the ms mac man cocktails out of that I posted had a lot of other footage of airports in the 80s. Its nuts how much its all changed. You used to just pull over, get out with your stuff then just walk in all casual like right up to the terminal.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Getting dressed up for air travel. Remember the 80's?
    I still get dressed up if possible and when I do, security always waves me through hella quick and usually the airline gives me better seats. bizarre but I'll take it! I don't fly enough to get the pre-check thing, but I would if I did.

I remember when I went to Europe in '92 with my mom, and my grandma took us right up to the place where you board the plane. I'm glad I have that memory because it is something that would obviously never happen post-9/11.

This one is philosophical/depressing, but one of the strongest things I remember about being a kid is that afternoons seemed to last forever. I remember that I dreaded summers because it seemed like they never ended. Before I got my computer (I think at age 15 or so) it was like, I would get up, draw for a bit, maybe play some vidya, listen to a CD a few times....and it would be 2pm. By the time late afternoon rolled around, I was miserable. Getting a computer was a joy and a relief because there was so much to do and so many people to talk to at all hours of the day and night! I still have the muscle memory of hating summer, even though for the foreseeable few years I'm going to be busy during them! But yeah, I feel like as an adult, time moves so fast. It's like I wake up, go to school, do homework, eat dinner, and it's time to do it all over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

kids will never know that toy run, or dreaming about it

5. Last edited by gamevet; 26 Mar 2018 at 01:40 AM.

6. Man those ADs, I swear we had it so good years ago. All this PC culture bullshit has ruined so much of what was great in the 80s and 90s.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

I would argue that Viacom eventually ruins everything it owns.

And that the internet kind of ruined it? Nick and Mtv used to try very hard to engage their audience on a personal level. They would do all kinds of contest, on site interviews, awards shows, on site activities.

That stuff isn't as cool as it used to be with the internet. Anyone here can now engage their audience for free.

But yeah, PC and sue happy people have made that less attractive for networks. Why engage your audience when a slip of the mouth could make your stock drop or get you sued? And your competition? Millions of people that can do it for free.

9. Internet ruined everything.
    Truthfully, I think the internet has made a lot of things easier, but very little better.

10. The ratio of worthwhile content to garbage has definitely taken a nosedive.