Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: When I Am King...

1. How long have I been telling TNL that Andrews are horrible people?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    If you were in charge of the country, what reasonable changes would you like to implement? I’ve a bunch of them. Here’s one.

Drivers must take a road test every ten years. My first thought was to revoke the license of anyone that didn’t pass. But that would cause quite a disruption if a swath of people could no longer commute. So then I thought maybe you don’t lose your license, but your score is put on your record so that insurance companies can use that info they way they do your ticket/accident history. I finally put together what I think is a reasonable plan. Road test every ten years. If you score below a generously low threshold, you’re license is suspended no less than 2 weeks and then you can retest. If you score above that threshold but below “pass” insurance companies can use that info to increase your policy. If you pass, everything’s kosher for a decade. The current road test fee is discounted 20%.

A vehicle is probably the second highest non-education based expenditure the average person will make, yet so many persons drive like assholes risking not only their vehicle but mine. I think this will help lower the amount of stupid fender benders while pushing more of the insurance cost on those that cause the accidents in the first place, without resorting to privacy infringing crap like those dongles they’ll have you plug into your car to track your driving.

Also, in before “kick out all (fill in the blank).”
    Ceding this responsibility to the state would also relieve families of the extremely difficult, extremely painful obligation of convincing mothers and fathers not to drive anymore (or trying not to think about it, then feeling tremendously guilty when grandpa goes full Burnout). People driving past the age when they should costs us so much money and pain. This is absolutely one of those areas in which government should intervene.

3. Anyway, I'd eminent domain the shit out of the energy and internet provision industries and all that. And if you give me guff, I'm abolishing all private capital, so ration your guff accordingly, comrades.

4. I mean it’s great SSJN can use cunt with qualifiers so adeptly and all but it would be nice you actually posted the other ideas, too. This thread is great btw I’m just being a dick about the establishment of these one sided nanny state laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. I mean it's great Drew has taken on the job of dictating how and what I post, but it would be nice if he actually contributed something of substance once in a while instead of being a bellicose cunt.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Saw thread title, got Paranoid Android stuck in my head. Not the worst way to start a weekend.
    Was gonna post. Andrew got it lol.

Specious and bellicose, Drew is quickly becoming the world's fanciest vaginae
    Last edited by Fe 26; 24 Mar 2018 at 03:51 PM.

8. SSJN is getting major props for throwing these college words around. I feel it!

I think truly the only major thing I could rule across the board is that of universal healthcare. It’s ridiculous that we exist in the era we do and yet America is like lol no. So yeah, get old people off the street and give everyone healthcare. I’m queen satsuki!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. I’ve been belly aching quite a bit lately about how boring we’ve (English speaking denizens of the internet) become and am trying to be the change I want to see.

Healthcare is quite the hurdle. I am in full agreement that we should have some sort of universal coverage. But in order to do so, our entire system needs to rebuilt from the ground up. Demolish big pharma, dissolve the insurance oligarchy, and reform medical malpractice law. Pay doctors according to the health of their patients, not the amount of patients they can process in a day. I wish I coud remember the video I watched in health class a few years ago. It laid things out in a way I thought made sense, but of course we’ll never see that happen here because there’s too much money behind keeping things the way they currently are.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    SSJN is getting major props for throwing these college words around. I feel it!

I think truly the only major thing I could rule across the board is that of universal healthcare. It’s ridiculous that we exist in the era we do and yet America is like lol no. So yeah, get old people off the street and give everyone healthcare. I’m queen satsuki!
    It would probably be easier to pass if we weren’t the fattest nation in the world.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt