Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: April 2018

Yeah the small one is more of an off white. I know mine hasn't faded or anything, it was just made that way. I wish they had made a premium XL with the build quality of the small one.

I'm curious about the 2DS XL too, I'll probably have one at some point when they go clearance. I've been pondering getting one for the offspring to play Kirby and Yoshi on.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I can’t go backwards to an xl now that I’ve got a small fry. But I do want to switch over to a 2ds xl. The white on my small3ds doesnt look very white (did it ever?) and I don’t like how drab it looks.
    I really want a 2ds xl, but not any of the ones they have on the market. Probably wont see another design before they end it, but I’d like one.
    Speaking as a fan of the 3D on the 3DS, I really really like my 2DS XL. I got the Pokeball edition. The screen is huge and the buttons feel really solid, better than all the previous editions. Definitely worth the money if you play a lot of 3DS games (which I still do). The only slightly dicey thing about it is the screen hinge, which feels kind of flimsy.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. I have no affinity towards pokemon, amd even if I did I wouldnt be a 42 year old man carrying around a pokemon 2ds. So of course the only limited edition systems are pokemon themed.

I dont want white, which leaves me with the black/turquoise. Which I don’t mind and will pick up if they end up discontinuing fhe platform. But I’m holding out hope for another themed system to chose from.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I have no affinity towards pokemon, amd even if I did I wouldnt be a 42 year old man carrying around a pokemon 2ds. So of course the only limited edition systems are pokemon themed.
    Heh, me neither. What sold me on it (as a 41-year-old man) was the vestigial Pokeball button on the outer shell.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

5. I bought a super complete copy of Ironsword, and Tron Evolution on the PS3. Livin' all up in the past.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

6. Midwest Gaming Classic haul!

- Championship Bowling, Genesis, (complete)
    - Handy Harvy, Genesis (complete)
    - Water Margin, Genesis, (complete)
    - NBA Jam T.E., 32X (complete)
    - Surgical Strike, 32XCD (complete)
    - Golden Axe: The Duel, Saturn (complete)
    - Quake, Saturn (complete)
    - Puyo Puyo Tsu, Game Gear (complete)
    - Sliders, Game Gear (complete)

I also got a great Rampage arcade poster signed by developer Brian Colin, and these awesome prints by Rusty Shackles of Hardcore Gaming 101 book fame. The Mutant League one is signed by creator Michael Mendheim.

Prints.jpg

Prints 2.jpg

7. I'm still rolling on an old 3DS xl but I finally remembered to grab a copy of Samus Returns. Really good so far! And that SNES looking N3DS looks awesome!

Also signed up for a Playstation CC in an attempt to make Yoshi proud (but mainly for the $50 credit after first purchase).

8. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Midwest Gaming Classic haul!

- Championship Bowling, Genesis, (complete)
    - Handy Harvy, Genesis (complete)
    - Water Margin, Genesis, (complete)
    - NBA Jam T.E., 32X (complete)
    - Surgical Strike, 32XCD (complete)
    - Golden Axe: The Duel, Saturn (complete)
    - Quake, Saturn (complete)
    - Puyo Puyo Tsu, Game Gear (complete)
    - Sliders, Game Gear (complete)

I also got a great Rampage arcade poster signed by developer Brian Colin, and these awesome prints by Rusty Shackles of Hardcore Gaming 101 book fame. The Mutant League one is signed by creator Michael Mendheim.

Prints.jpg

Prints 2.jpg
    Man, I dig that Mutant League one.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

9. I was going to get a Shinobi one (it was buy 2, get 1 free), but Mike Mendheim was literally in the other room.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    I'm still rolling on an old 3DS xl but I finally remembered to grab a copy of Samus Returns. Really good so far! And that SNES looking N3DS looks awesome!

Also signed up for a Playstation CC in an attempt to make Yoshi proud (but mainly for the $50 credit after first purchase).
    Amazing game. It gets better as it goes along. The one "annoying" part that the internet bitched about a bunch isn't really that hard or annoying.