Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Puzzle Fighter Mobile (Rest In Peace 7/31)

1. I'm telling you guys, though. This game was "freemium" but you weren't restricted by play time. After a few games you stopped unlocking lootboxes and you could pay to refresh those. But you could play ranked battles indefinitely. The tournament events did require a buy in, but it was like 10 gems to play 12 wins/3 losses and you'd unlock at least 20 gems a day doing the free stuff. If you felt like you weren't getting enough game time then you definitely deserved to throw Capcom a couple bucks.

You could also climb the ranks very well based on pure skill. I think they hurt themselves with the setup, really. There was little incentive to buy lootboxes when all they did were contribute a fraction to an upgrade, and the game relies so much on skill that the people who would pay wouldn't see any big effect when they did upgrade.

I cannot stress how great it feels to play a head-to-head puzzle game against rubberbanding opponents that match your skill. Some of my favorite games are Puzzle Fighter and Tetris Attack and having something like that always available in my hands is The Best.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

2. I can understand that they accidentally made the game not suck, but I can't even try it because it crashes the moment it starts on my Nexus 6P running Oreo.

I don't think anyone here is looking for a mobile game to grind ranked matches indefinitely. Especially one that is disappearing soon.

I'm guessing all of the 'fuck mobile' comments are directed at the situation and not this game. It might be fun, but who cares, it's going away and all mobile did was fuck up the likelihood of a real game coming out.

I had zero interest in this game before, it's way more intriguing as a case study. If the game was as good as you say, and had players, why shut it down after 6 months. Something must have been seriously wrong somewhere.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post
    Something must have been seriously wrong somewhere.
    It wasn't making enough money to justify the costs of keeping it up. I'd bet thats the long, and short of it.

5. I just can't do mobile games. I know it's the future for a lot of people but I'd rather just stay in the past if that's all we're coming to.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL