Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Earliest Memory?

1. What Is Your Earliest Memory?

When I was in kindergarten, I went to the library and met the Tenderheart Care Bear I remember the library smell of crayons and wood panels. I also vaguely remember playing Atari with older neighborhood kids when I was in a house I lived at when I was 4. I remember how they look - a blond kid and a black kid, both skinny, I was chubby, both in stonewashed jeans and polo shirts, how the room was arranged, brown cloth couch, coffee table, TV on boards on cinderblocks with the Atari. The smell of my uncle’s wood pot box.

There’s other stuff I now just remember knowing of the memory but not really remembering it.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. I remember being on the back porch of our house on a hot sunny day, and a wasp or hornet stung me in my belly button. I must have been about three years old.

I remember nature walking with my dad up some forested hill area somewhere in or around Montreal. We moved to the West coast when I was three and I remember that train ride so that earlier memory is from age three at the latest.

4. I remember asking for a candy bar at the K-Mart checkout and being denied. So I grabbed that Crunch bar and made a run for the door. I was shortly after tackled by my older brother. I don't think I got to eat the candy.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

5. I was young enough to be in diapers, but old enough to walk. One of my mom's friends came to visit and brought her dog, which was outside on a leash. I crawled out of my crib, grabbed the dog leash, and took it for a walk down the driveway and into the road. We were on a side street that didn't get much traffic. I don't remember getting spanked, but I probably did and it's probably why I am such a degenerate today.

My next earliest memory is being in a preschool that was held in the basement to a church across the street of our house. (Our house was on a corner). The teacher kept feeding me See Spot Run type books. I was the only kid that could read.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 25 Apr 2018 at 06:39 PM.

and look what trouble all that reading got you

7. My earliest memory was at my grandparents farm house. They had a root cellar under the house that they used to store potatoes. They had a double set of doors on the side of the house that led down under the house, and they also had a trap door in the back room. I was probably between 3 and 4 years old, when my grandparents and mother went down into the cellar through the trap door. They might have closed the house door leading into that room, but somehow I got into the room and looked down the trap door. I don't remember anything after that, but I'm told that I fell down through the door into the cellar. I think I had a fear of heights because of the event. I don't have a fear of heights now, but it took me a long time to work my way towards being way up really high and not being frightened.

8. I have a few scattered memories from before I was 3 (I know because they took place in a house I moved out of), which are unreliable and hard to put in order. The one I can say is probably the earliest is crying in my crib for my father and him bringing me a bottle. I also remember an inflatable punching bag in my room. It had a clown on it, according to my parents, but as a baby I thought it was a dog-man, like McGruff the crime dog. I also remember some knicknacks on the fireplace and scattered other nonsense.

9. I remember the sunken living room of our house. I know you’re not supposed to remember things at this age, but I couldn’t have been older than 1. We moved when I was around 15 months. It freaks my parents out.
    Boo, Hiss.

10. I had a Mickey Mouse bathing suit on and was playing in my backyard kiddie pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread