Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Youtube Channels Devoted to Film Discussion/Criticism.

1. Good Bad Flicks is great an I recently found Lindsay Ellis too. I haven't watched a whole lot of her material but I like what she does so far. Every Frame is like the gold standard.

One late night Youtube recommended this fat bearded dude complaining about movies, he has a skeleton sitting next to him, and usually a Nirvana shirt. I normally don't enjoy fat bearded complainers, but this guy is pretty good at being all three of those things, and I think he's probably my age-ish, which is important since I'm a bigot.

Oh, no I don't have a link for you. But I'm 90% sure the channel was called cinemaforcynics, or cinema4cynics, or cynicalcinema.

3. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    Good thread!

One channel I like that hasn't been mentioned yet is Good Bad Flicks. It covers mostly shitty entertaining movies and can give some interesting insight on the behind the scenes shenanigans a lot of these productions had to deal with.
    So far, you win the thread. I love this series. I'm aware that it may be due to things being presented in a specific way to offer a specific narrative, and so a bias shows through...but so many of the movies they talk about are movies I kinda like- and they all seem to have suffered due to The Suits stepping in and fucking with the director's intent. I love Event Horizon. I didn't like Pandorum at first, but it was one of those things you THINK you don't like, but then you keep thinking about it so experience it again and it turns out you liked it all along but just didn't know it. I like Soldier. I like Leviathan. And they're all kept from reaching peak awesomeness (seemingly) because of The Suits.

I'm glad I made this thread, I probably wouldn't have checked this channel out otherwise.

4. Did you watch the one about Roar? If you're unfamiliar with the movie its definitely something to check out: