Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Youtube Channels Devoted to Film Discussion/Criticism.

1. Yeah for sure. And it's started a lot of conversation. And they are still doing it. Their audience is either "they validate how I feel" or "they hate what I like", just another kind of fanboyism.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    That's always been their thing. The argument was that it's what needed to be done to start the conversation but they're still doing it.
    Well yeah, a general criticism of that type of criticism is its about like pointing at a turd in the middle of the room and 75% of the time, not even offering any help or advice in how to remove the turd from the middle of the floor.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 26 Apr 2018 at 12:35 AM.

I was never big on the wave of "lets shit on this" or "fake rage" videos on youtube.

I much more prefer things like this:

She just totally geeks out on these ponies. You can see how excited she is about all the different periods of ponies. But she also laughs and pokes at herself and the fandom.

I'd much rather watch someone do that than watch a step by step video of someone shitting on whatever cartoon in that franchise.

That was a similiar thing I liked about the Mzo/Finch/etc podcast. They'd get so excited about whatever topic. But still poke at themselves. And they were knowledgeable.

So much better than "hey guys, do you remember Heman!?! Well wasn't that fucking stupid!?!"

5. Good thread!

One channel I like that hasn't been mentioned yet is Good Bad Flicks. It covers mostly shitty entertaining movies and can give some interesting insight on the behind the scenes shenanigans a lot of these productions had to deal with.

6. Every Frame is over, he isn't doing any more updates. There were actually a few more good ones:

-Lessons from the Screenplay
    -Nerdwriter1
    -Now You See It
    -wolfcrow

And yeah Doc covered the middle two.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post

I've been all about Red Letter Media since their Episode I review. Just don't watch Jack and Rich talk about video games. It's fucking awful.
    Oh god, yes. I tried watching a couple Previously Recorded and couldnt hang. So bad.

8. It's not the deepest film discussion out there but I frequently find myself watching Screen Junkies News. Dan seems very much like he can't stand having to work with these "children" so he's very relateable to me.

9. No one has mentioned it yet, but wisecrack does some really good film and videogame philosophy discussions:

Last edited by bbobb; 26 Apr 2018 at 11:32 AM.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. I watched a few Wisecrack videos. They're alright. A bit busy for my taste, but at least the essays aren't dumb.

Watching the goodbad Blair Witch video now.