Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2018 NFL Season.

1. i believe he's trying to do what Belicheat is doing in New England. Rotate young talent into his system and create a system that all of his younger players will buy into. He's pretty much getting rid of the veteran leadership that bought into the system that wasn't working with the previous coaching staff. It's either a brilliant move, or one that will lead to his demise.

2. I don't know about that. Belichick kept and won with Troy Brown, Willie McGinest, Ted Bruschi, Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, Kevin Faulk, Adam Vinateri, Damien Woody (all players he inherited from Pete Carroll in 2000). He only got rid of Bledsoe because he was in decline and Brady was better.
    Last edited by kingoffighters; 27 Oct 2018 at 05:44 PM.

3. The Pats have consistently won with a revolving door of talent at WB, RB, CB, and other positions by switching out pieces that don't work, no matter how big name they are, for cheaper, lesser-known ones that do. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what Gruden is doing. I say give him this season and see what happens next year.

4. He kept the talent around when the league wasn’t hammering teams with a tough salary cap hampered by the collective bargaining agreement. The rules changed for how much a player earned.

What the hell were the Browns thinking? They fire Hue Jackson, along with Todd Haley. They elevated the DC to head coach. Who’s going to run the offense?

5. Does it matter?

6. Probably not.

7. The guy has the second worst coaching record in the history of the entire league. He shouldn't have just been fired; he should have been egged and booed as he got in his car and left the Browns facility. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

8. He doubled his win total every year, he was the best Brown coach ever.

9. LOL

10. Ha! Ha!