Thread: Jurassic World Evolution (Xbox 1, PS4, Steam)

1. Puyo Jurassic World Evolution (Xbox 1, PS4, Steam)

No one's seen this? It looks absolutely amazing, the kind of JP game we've wanted all along. Gameplay starts at about 1:44.

As if the ability to create environments, control vehicles, name dinos and buildings weren't enough; it has new voice work from Jeff Goldblum.

Last edited by Melf; 28 Apr 2018 at 01:18 PM.

2. First thing I saw was a button that said "release dinosaur."

Oh god. This could snare me.

3. This looks awesome, I'm definitely in to give it a whirl.

4. I picked this up yesterday and played for 7 hours straight! I'm still on the first island (of 5), as I want to unlock as much as I can. The game is great if you love Sim City/Theme Park-type gameplay, and it captures the movies really well. Lots of movie characters appear, and Ian Malcolm is voiced by Goldblum himself! B.D. Wong (Dr. Wu) and Bryce Dallas Howard (Claire Dearing) reprise their roles as well.

The game isn't that complicated, but you have to balance reputations with 3 InGen divisions - science, entertainment, and security. A low rep with any can lead to sabotage and other problems. You can also make the dinos fight!

5. If I can't quell dinosaur uprisings in my dinosaur theme park by building incomplete dinosaur-themed roller coasters that launch runaway coaster cars and their hapless guests at the offending dinosaurs, then jeez, what's even the point?

6. I'll buy below $30. It's tempting, but $55 is a bit much for this.