Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cassette Players

Cassette Players

1) Who still has one?

2) If you do are you still actively listening to cassettes?

3) Why do you think cassettes are making a comeback?

4) Cassettes are making a comeback?

5) Yeah, I know. It seems weird, right?

6) Do you think it'll get to the point that vinyl has?

You can put this in music discussion if you like but I WILL NOT

I still have a dual tape deck but I don't actively use it. Cassettes are terrible.

4. I'm seeing a lot of gimmick releases on cassette lately, they're cool little collectables but not particularly useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. I know a dude from a past job that has been rocking a walkman since the 90's, with Ni-Cad rechargeable batteries no less. He only listens to metal, and I think he has CDs to listen to at home and use to make his tapes, but I'm not sure. I don't think he's trying to be hip, he's just a bit odd. We call him Corrosive Joseph ever since we saw him tasting some motor oil off the pavement at work. Super cool dude.

6. Techmoan (youtube guy) has shown that decent cassettes on decent equipment can sound pretty decent.
    But the recent upswing is nothing more than hipsters being hipsters. See: vhs renaissance.

7. I pick up a CD + dual deck boombox at the recycling center, but I don't have any cassettes. Not planning to get any.

I have a sony TC-WR635S. I use it to make digital recordings of educational tapes I find and other stuff that never came over to digital. So, mainly modernizing stuff.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    1) Who still has one?

2) If you do are you still actively listening to cassettes?

3) Why do you think cassettes are making a comeback?

4) Cassettes are making a comeback?

5) Yeah, I know. It seems weird, right?

6) Do you think it'll get to the point that vinyl has?
    1- I do not.

3 - They’re cheap for bands to make and sell at shows.

4 - They for sure are.

5 - I like it. It’s a small artifact and usually comes with a download card. I have about 10 from friends bands.

6 - No.

hexenight’s next ep is going to get a cassette release from a little label, so I can’t really knock it.
    Boo, Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Techmoan (youtube guy) has shown that decent cassettes on decent equipment can sound pretty decent.
    I like that guy's end credits song, and don't like his weird puppetry. His video, among a few others is what made this thread happen.

I found out that some duplication places still have TDK and Maxell fancy pants tape available for pretty close to the same price as the normal old brownish tape that we all think of when we think of cassette. Also that they can dupe from fancy bit depth files effectively making the tape sound "better" than CD quality.