Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 791011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: May 2018

1. Just curious, why a DVD player instead of a Blu Ray?

2. Mostly aesthetic.
    I'm turning the game room into more of a retro room- slowly piecing together what would have been a kick ass setup circa the late 90s/ early 2000s. This unit paired with the yamaha DSP a3090 and eventually a top tier LD player (anyone interested in a Laseractive + recapped Genesis pack?) is going to be my little slice of heaven. Also, I like the idea of owning what was once a $1500 dvd player for less than 1/10 the price. On top of that, as old as this is it's still a fantastic piece of kit for DVD, CD, and (two channel) SACD.
    I'd prefer to have it hooked up to the widescreen sammy crt, but that's on the floor and I'm unable to safely pick it up myself to swap with this sd set.

3. Those were pretty sweet DVD players back in the day. It just oozed the look of higher technology.

4. Is that the Cadillac of LD players?

5. Cadillac: The Laserdisc of Cars™

6. The Laseractive is the DeLorean of laser disc players.

Looks cool, nerds would love to have one, not the greatest when it comes to its actual intended use.
    I want a genuinely Good laser disc player (autoflipping, ac 3 out) and would love to sell my laseractive to fund it.

If you're referring to what's pictured, that's the Cadillac of DVD players circa 2001.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 23 May 2018 at 02:01 PM.

7. I haven’t seen this since the 80’s.

Attached Images Attached Images

8. My pioneer LD is weak, only output composite and looks like garbage.

9. The best LD players are composite. It's all about your tv's comb filter and scaler.

10. It's a case where S-Video doesn't really do much for you, just gives you a little bit of a harsh processed edge to everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!