Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 68910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: May 2018

1. Looking at the cover, I think that's one of the few "desirable" GBA games I never had.

2. Do you have many SFC games?

3. no, only a couple.

I'm trying to keep my expenditures to a minimum while we pay back debt and build some savings but I'm down for buying something once in a while! I wish I lived closer.

5. I got Sine Mora EX for $2 on PSN because I am curious and Dragon Quest Heroes 2 for $15 on New Egg because I am a sucker. Also, Cornell University Press had a "Pay What You Want" day on their books, so I got a bunch of theory/literary criticism books I'd normally be priced out of for low-ball prices I was somewhat embarrassed to attach my name to but it worked out!

And, finally, a copy of Double Indemnity on DVD courtesy of the library because conceding it as "lost" and paying for a replacement was cheaper than paying my late fees and returning it.

Movie rules, tho.

I can't get more than "meh" out of Sine Mora.

7. I can. Meh to the Max

8. Mehximum.

9. After having this as a saved search for almost 6 months, a unit finally appeared that reportedly worked and was somewhat affordable.

I was pretty bummed when I went to the post office to pick it up (the carrier considered it "too heavy" to deliver) and saw how shabbily it was packaged. It was basically two pieces of cardboard folded over the thing. Opening it when I got home I found a few pieces of balled up newspaper (of course now completely flattened) where all the packing material the seller felt necessary.

Brought it to work today to test it, expecting the worst when I powered it up. Amazingly, it works!

Of course, there's only one DVD I could test it with.

IMG_2329.JPG
    IMG_2330.JPG

Nice, that thing looks like a tank.