Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 212141516

Thread: This Month's Haul: May 2018

I actually really enjoyed looking through all those pictures. I don't usually do that with collections online.

The Commodore and Atari 800 collections amaze me because it's like the same hundreds of pirated games I had as a kid except legit boxed versions of them. A lot of that stuff is hard to find cheap now.

For console games, I see Robo Aleste, Golden Axe Warrior, Darius Gaiden, and Ultima IV in the Sega piles. It's hard to read the TG16/PCE/SGX piles but I see Soldier Blade, Legendary Axe II, Lords of the Rising Sun, and Aldynes. The Jaguar and Vectrex collections have a bunch of rare games.

I imagine this person did buy stuff online and not just thrift stores and yard sales given all the obscure Japanese, European, and Australian computer games, PC-FX, Supergrafx, SG-1000, lots of homebrews, etc..

This collection seems like it's from an older gamer that was really into computer and console hardware has been playing games since the '70s. It's still a ridiculous amount to hoard but I can't imagine someone going out of their way to get all this obscure stuff and not be into playing it. It's very different than the typical millennial youtube douche collections. It has a hardcore gamer vibe to it although with less Nintendo and Sega percentage-wise than most.

2. You and I are probably the only members on this board that were drooling over those 8 bit computer games. I was envious when I saw those.

I just looked at it some more. He had the rather pricey Zork Zero and several of the Ultima games.
    Last edited by gamevet; 01 Jun 2018 at 09:03 PM.

3. Atari 800 is good stuff. I was excited when I found an actual working disk of M.U.L.E. for a quarter.

4. M.U.L.E is one of my favorites on the C64. The NES version is slightly disappointing.

5. Bought a cheap DSiXL and DSLite for the kids at a yard sale. I forgot to check that the DSiXL has a 4-digit lock to prevent system reset, etc. Thought I wasted $20 but my first guess of the password 1111 worked!

6. There's a free online tool to reset DSi and Wii parental lock codes, in case it comes up for anyone else. https://wii.marcan.st/parental

But you have to pay Nintendo $.50 to reset 2/3DS and Wii U.