Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 91112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: May 2018

1. no more or less, it is.

2. I didn't realize Dark Souls Remastered came out today, or that it's half off (Steam). I sincerely thought it was out on Friday. Grabbed that without hesitation.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    If I remember right it's because LD is basically encoded in composite video more or less.
    It is?

The Star Wars LD was used to create the DVD of the original theatrical release of the movie. It was definitely not remastered, that's for sure.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    I didn't realize Dark Souls Remastered came out today, or that it's half off (Steam). I sincerely thought it was out on Friday. Grabbed that without hesitation.
    Whoa! Even the early access streamers were saying Friday today. Thanks for the heads up.

5. yes, that’s why people were PISSED when Lucas pulled that shit instead of making a proper master for the dvd.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    yes, that’s why people were PISSED when Lucas pulled that shit instead of making a proper master for the dvd.
    His lame excuse was that the masters were destroyed when they did his Special Edition remasters. The only reason he did it was because someone was selling bootleg DVDs ripped from the LD.

7. If the explanation was that "Fox owns the masters and won't loan them out to Lucasfilm", ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

if they wanted, they have enough material to make a damn fine new cut of the original film.

https://arstechnica.com/information-.../05/star-wars/

9. The sources used for the special editions were horribly degraded to start with. Dark scenes are full of weird brown splotches that should be black or dark blue.

10. Well the Dark Souls remaster only wants to run in slow motion on my work pc. So I guess I'll have to set up my other pc tomorrow.

Looks like the i5 can't hack it for this one.