Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (Switch ONLY)

1. ugh

I forgot that MHG keeps your game save on the SD card, so I may have lost my game save when I transferred all my data to my new 2DS XL.

Looks like I'll starting from scratch in August!
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

Did you use the official system transfer? I thought that would copy the extdata also?
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

3. Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post
    Did you use the official system transfer? I thought that would copy the extdata also?
    I did, and I assumed it would as well. I had the same problem with my Monster Hunter Stories save data. I'm not sure what's going on.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

Man that sucks, hope you find it. Did you change or upgrade a sd card at the same time?

Worst case, it'll all be done again in glorious HD. I'll help run you through keys if you want also. I was considering starting a new character too, Mzo never played Gen so he'll be going through fresh also.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

5. Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post
    Man that sucks, hope you find it. Did you change or upgrade a sd card at the same time?

Worst case, it'll all be done again in glorious HD. I'll help run you through keys if you want also. I was considering starting a new character too, Mzo never played Gen so he'll be going through fresh also.
    Nah I never touch the SD card, I just straight up transfer the data.

I dug around a little bit more and discovered that my old MHG save data is, in fact, on my new system. Problem is that, if I am understanding this correctly, the MHG data is encrypted to the old 3DS so the MHG data is essentially unreadable.

hmmmmmm